League play starts up this week for Pac-12 men's basketball
#PAC12HOOPS STARTING FIVE:
6-0 - COLORADO notched a perfect 6-0 record at home and 2-2 in true road games during its non-conference stretch. The Buffs have already doubled their road win total from 2017-18.
- This is the first time the Buffs went undefeated at home in non-conference games since the 2015-16 season. The 2015-16 season was also the last time Colorado made an NCAA Tournament appearance.
6.3 - WASHINGTON has been dominant on defense near the rim, ranking third in the nation in blocked shots per game at 6.3. OREGON STATE and UCLA also rank in the top 20 in the category, with the Beavs at 12th with 5.8 blocked shots per game and the Bruins at 19th with 5.5.
- Individually, OREGON STATE’s big man Kylor Kelley has been a blocking machine this season, currently leading the country with 4.08 blocks per game.
10 - The Conference season kicks off with 10 league games this week, including seven on Pac-12 Networks. COLORADO and ARIZONA STATE pace the Conference with 9-3 records each. The Sun Devils host the Buffs on Saturday, Jan. 5 at 3 p.m. PT on Pac-12 Networks.
- A pair of cross-state rivalry matches will also be played on Saturday, Jan 5 with OREGON STATE facing Oregon in Eugene and WASHINGTON STATE visiting WASHINGTON.
89-4 - ARIZONA holds an impressive 89-4 record at the McKale Center since the start of the 2013-14 season, the best home mark in the country in that stretch.
- The Wildcats also have the 11th-highest cumulative attendance of any team in the country and the best in the league.
996 - WASHINGTON earned its 996th win at its home court, Alaska Airlines Arena, the most by any Division I school at its current building.
- The Huskies are a perfect 7-0 at home this season, their best home record through seven games since 2010-11 when Washington won 14-straight home games.
STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE: Based on opponents’ win percentage through Jan. 1 games, four Pac-12 programs have faced top 25 schedules:
- 7. UCLA - .701
- 11. WASHINGTON - .692
- 23. ARIZONA - .661
- 25. CALIFORNIA - .654
DOUBLING UP: There have been 61 double doubles recorded by 27 league players this year. Every Pac-12 team has seen at least one player record a double-double this year.
- USC’s Nick Rakocevic and ARIZONA STATE’s Zylan Cheatham are tied for the 19th-most double doubles in the nation with six each.
- Cheatham is just one of 16 players in the country to record a triple-double.
MEN OF STEAL: NCAA Division I’s career steals leaders both hail from the Pac-12 as WASHINGTON’s Matisse Thybulle (244) and OREGON’s Ehab Amin (237) rank first and second, respectively
CONFERENCE STANDINGS (Expanded Standings)
|Teams||Pac-12 Record||Overall Record|
UPCOMING SCHEDULE (All Times Pacific - Expanded Schedule Details)
|Thursday, Jan. 3||TV||Time|
|Utah at Arizona State*||PAC12||5 p.m.|
|Colorado at Arizona*||FS1||6 p.m.|
|California at USC*||PAC12||7 p.m.|
|Stanford at UCLA*||ESPN||8 p.m.|
|Saturday, Jan. 5||TV||Time|
|Utah at Arizona*||PAC12||11 a.m.|
|California at UCLA*||PAC12||1 p.m.|
|Colorado at Arizona State*||PAC12||3 p.m.|
|Oregon State at Oregon*||PAC12||5 p.m.|
|Washington State at Washington*||PAC12||7:30 p.m.|
|Sunday, Jan. 6||TV||Time|
|Stanford at USC*||ESPNU||5 p.m.|
* Pac-12 Game
PAC-12 PLAYER OF THE WEEK
NCAA.com Player of the Week:
Luguentz Dort, Arizona State (Nov. 26)
NCAA.com Team of the Week:
Arizona State (Dec. 24)
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 12:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 2:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 4:00pm PTLive