ASU's Dort adds Pac-12 Men's Basketball weekly award to MVP, NCAA honors
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (11/26/18) - Luguentz Dort, Fr., G, ARIZONA STATE
SAN FRANCISCO - ARIZONA STATE freshman Luguentz Dort collects the first Pac-12 Player of the Week award of his career as voted on by media who cover the league.
• The freshman from Montreal was also named NCAA National Player of the Week following his MVP performance at the MGM Resorts Main Event in Las Vegas. Dort averaged 25.0 points (16-32 FG, 5-8 3FG, 13-18 FT), 8.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 2.0 steals as the Sun Devils secured their second multi-team event title in as many seasons.
• Opened the Main Event with 17 points and nine rebounds to help ASU to a 72-67 upset of then No. 15 Mississippi State - the Sun Devils' third top-15 non-conference victory in the past two seasons.
• Cemented his MVP performance with 33 points on 10-of-15 shooting from the floor (2-3 3FG) and 11-of-14 from the foul line along with seven boards and four assists in an 87-82 title-game triumph against Utah State. The 33 points were the third-most ever by an ASU freshman.
• Dort, who is the nation's third-leading rookie scorer at 23.0 points per game, is the first Arizona State freshman to garner the league's weekly award since James Harden in Jan. 2008.
• Arizona State (5-0) has now won its last 18 regular season non-conference games, a streak it will resume on Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. PT against Nebraska Omaha on Pac-12 Network.
ALSO NOMINATED: Justin Coleman, ARIZONA; Lucas Siewert, COLORADO; Payton Pritchard, OREGON; Tres Tinkle, OREGON STATE; Bennie Boatwright, USC; Noah Dickerson, WASHINGTON; Robert Franks, WASHINGTON STATE.
2018-19 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
|Nov. 12||KZ Okpala, So., Stanford|
|Nov. 19||Jaylen Nowell, So., Washington|
|Nov. 26||Luguentz Dort, Fr., Arizona State|