Pac-12 announces volleyball players of the week
Offensive: Kara Bajema, SR, OH, Washington (Lynden, Wash.)
4.5 KPS, .240 Pct., 5.4 PPS, 4 SA, 2.13 DPS, 0.75 BPS
• Led No. 8 Washington defeat the No. 1 Cardinal (3-1), marking the program's first win at Stanford since 2007 and its first win over a No. 1 ranked team since 2016.
• Hit .302 against the Cardinal and posted 17 kills and 10 digs for a double-double with five blocks as the Huskies snapped Stanford's 26-match Pac-12 winning streak.
• Led all players in kills (19) and points (22.5) in a loss against its rival Washington State (3-1) in its Pac-12 opener earlier in the week.
• Earned third-straight offensive player of the week honor this season, the first player to do so since 2015 (Samantha Bricio, USC, Aug. 31-Sept. 14, 2015), and is Washington’s 70th all-time weekly award.
Defensive: Grace Massey, JR, DS, Oregon State (Beaverton, Ore.)
4.78 DPS, 3 SA
• Anchored a back-row defense that helped the Beavers to a 2-0 weekend, their first two-win start to the Conference season since 2004, defeating No. 24 Oregon (3-2) and Colorado (3-1).
• Recorded a career-best 32 digs against the Ducks, tied for the eighth-most in a single match in program history.
• Has recorded the second-most digs in the Conference this season (226).
• Earned her fourth-career player of the week honor, and Oregon State’s 25th all-time.
Freshman: Kylie Robinson, FR, Oregon (Upland, Calf.)
10.80 APS, 1.70 DPS, 6 BLK
• Helped the No. 24 Ducks go 1-1 on the week, upsetting No. 18 Utah (3-2) and falling to crosstown rival Oregon State (2-3).
• Recorded 108 total assists and 17 digs in Oregon's first two Conference matches, including season-highs in assists (56) and digs (9) in the Ducks’ win over the Utes.
• Second in Pac-12 in assists per set (11.02).
• Named freshman of the week for the second time this season, and is Oregon’s 13th all-time freshman player of the week award.
Offensive: Ivana Jeremic, ASU; Preslie Anderson, CAL; Justine Spann, COLO; Willow Johnson, ORE; Haylie Bennett, OSU; Kathryn Plummer, STAN; Mac May, UCLA; Dani Drews, UTAH.
Defensive: Courtney Leffel, ASU; Emma Smith, CAL; Rachel Whipple, COLO; Georgia Murphy, ORE; Morgan Hentz, STAN; Savvy Simo, UCLA; Shayne McPherson, WASH; Alexis Dirige, WSU.
Freshman: Sterling Parker, COLO.