Pac-12 announces women's soccer players of the week
Offensive: Catarina Macario, JR, F, Stanford (San Diego, Calif.)
2 G, 1 Assist, 9 Shots
• Helped No. 2 Stanford defeat No. 3 USC (3-2) to start Conference play undefeated.
• Netted a pair of goals and recorded an assist including the game winner that secured the victory over the Trojans.
• Posted her fifth multi-goal match of the season and leads the league in goals (12), assists (7), and points (7).
• Leads the country in game-winning goals (5), goals per game (1.33), points (31) and points per game (3.44).
• Earned her second offensive player of the week honor this season, fourth of her career and Stanford’s 72nd all-time.
Defensive: Emily Smith, JR, D, California (Los Gatos, Calif.)
• Led a California defense that help upset No. 7 UCLA (2-1) on the road, earning its first win over the Bruins since 2015 and its first road win over a top-10 opponent since 2016.
• Turned away 16 of UCLA’s shot attempts and corners conceding the only goal on a penalty kick in the 11th minute.
• Earns her third weekly award this season, the first player to earn three defensive player of the week honors in one season, and California’s 48th all-time weekly award.
Goalkeeper: Jalen Tompkins, SR, GK, Colorado (Phoenix, Ariz.)
106 MIN, 4 SV, .800 Pct.
• Helped the No. 24 Buffs go 1-0 in Conference play defeating Arizona (2-1) in their first overtime win this season.
• Made four saves with the Wildcats scoring only once on an own goal.
• Collects her seventh-career player of the week award, and Colorado’s 22nd all-time.
Offensive: Kailee Gifford, CAL; Taylor Kornieck, COLO; Marley Canales, UCLA; Summer Yates, WASH; Morgan Weaver, WSU.
Defensive: Kayleigh Webb, COLO; Karina Rodriguez, UCLA.
Goalkeeper: Hope Hisey, ARIZ; Angelina Anderson, CAL; Teagan Micah, UCLA; Ella Dederick, WSU.