Bears Host Cougars Thursday
BERKELEY – California will host Washington State in a Pac-12 clash at 7 p.m. PT Thursday at Haas Pavilion. The game will be televised on the Pac-12 Network with Ted Robinson and Don MacLean on the call.
The Bears (5-6, 0-4 Pac-12) are coming off two losses at then-No. 21 Oregon on Dec. 31 and Oregon State on Jan. 2, but head into Thursday's contest with a 4-1 record at home this season. Washington State (8-1, 1-1 Pac-12) reeled off eight straight wins to open the season before most recently suffering a double-overtime loss to Arizona.
HOW TO FOLLOW
- Matchup: Cal (5-6, 0-4 Pac-12) vs. Washington State (8-1, 1-1 Pac-12)
- Date/Time: Thursday, Jan. 7| 7 p.m. (PT)
- Watch: Pac-12 Network
- TV Commentary: Roxy Bernstein (PxP) & Ben Braun (Analyst)
- Listen: KGO 810 AM | TuneIn
- Radio Commentary: Rich Cellini (PxP) & Todd McKim (Analyst)
- Live Stats: StatBroadcast
- When playing at home, Cal is 4-1 this season and 16-6 since the start of the 2019-20 season, including a 6-4 record vs. Pac-12 foes.
- The Bears own an all-time record of 81-51 against Washington State. Cal has won three straight in the series dating back to March 2, 2019.
- Cal's sweep of the Cougars in 2019-20 marked its first Pac-12 series sweep since 2017.
- Cal is 4-0 this season when scoring 70 or more points, most recently including a 70-65 win over Seattle U on Dec. 22.
- Washington State will play its first road game of the season on Thursday. The Cougars' first nine games have been played in Pullman, Wash.
- Cal has battled through injuries to two of its top players over the past month. Matt Bradley missed two games on Dec. 19 and Dec. 22 before returning to the court at Oregon (Dec. 31), only to suffer another injury at Oregon State on Jan. 2. Grant Anticevich (appendectomy) has missed the last four games.
- Makale Foreman and Ryan Betley rank first and third among Pac-12 players in total 3-pointers made with 25 and 24, respectively. The grad transfers have both made at least two 3-pointers in eight games this season.