Road Battle In Boulder
BOULDER, Colo. – California will face Colorado at the CU Events Center on Thursday in the first leg of the Golden Bears' trip to the Pac-12 mountain schools. Tip-off is slated for 11 a.m. PT and the game will be televised on the Pac-12 Network with Drew Goodman and Robert Ehsan on the call.
Coming off of their first conference victory of the season last Saturday against Washington, the Bears (6-7, 1-5 Pac-12) are aiming for their second consecutive win against Colorado. Cal bested then-No. 21 Colorado, 76-62, in Berkeley on Feb. 27, 2020 to pick up its latest win over a nationally-ranked squad.
The Buffaloes (9-3, 3-2 Pac-12) have won two in a row and are in the midst playing three games in a six-day span; they defeated Utah, 65-58, on the road Monday and host Stanford on Saturday.
HOW TO FOLLOW
- Watch: Pac-12 Network | Drew Goodman (PxP) & Robert Ehsan (Analyst)
- Listen: KGO 810 AM /TuneIn | Rich Cellini (PxP) & Todd McKim (Analyst)
- Live Stats: StatBroadcast
- Cal is seeking its first win in Boulder since Feb. 12, 2015. The Bears are 2-13 all-time when playing at Colorado.
- The Bears are 5-0 this season when scoring 70 or more points, most recently including the 84-78 win over Washington on Saturday, January 9.
- Leading scorer Matt Bradley (17.8 PPG) has missed four of the last six games due to injury (ankle), including the past two games against the Washington schools. He also missed Cal's non-conference games vs. CSUN on Dec. 19 and Seattle U on Dec. 22.
- In Cal's 14-point victory over No. 21 Colorado last February, Bradley netted a then-career-high 26 points and drained five 3-pointers. The 26 points and five made 3-pointers were both individual records for a Cal player against Colorado.
- Senior forward Grant Anticevich is back in the mix after missing four games from Dec. 19-31 due to an emergency appendectomy. In his two games since returning, he's averaging 6.5 points, 3.5 rebounds and 3 assists.
- Makale Foreman and Ryan Betley are tied for second among Pac-12 players this season with 30 made 3-pointers apiece.
- The standout individual performance from Cal's first Pac-12 win of the year vs. Washington last Saturday was Andre Kelly's 22-point effort. Kelly made a career-high 11 field goals and finished the game 11-of-13 from the field. and posted his third career 20-point performance.
- Cal has posted two of its three lowest turnover totals in the past two games (7 vs. Washington State, 9 vs. Washington).
- Joel Brown ranks among Pac-12 leaders in total steals (second, 23), total assists (fourth, 50), steals per game (fourth, 1.77) and total minutes played (sixth, 361:42).