Huskies Take on Oregon in Eugene at 1 p.m. on Saturday
UW (3-13, 2-9 P12) at Oregon (9-4, 4-3 P12)
Washington continues its road swing in Oregon taking on the Ducks at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 6 at Matthew Knight Arena. The game will be televised by CBS with Andrew Catalon and Steve Lappas on the call. Additionally, fans can tune into KJR 950AM to hear Tony Castricone and Jason Hamilton on the official Husky Radio Broadcast. The two teams have faced off 309 times with Washington owning a 190-119 mark in the all-time series. The last time the Huskies made the trip to Eugene resulted in a UW 61-56 victory on Jan. 24, 2019.
The Coach (66-52 at UW/4th Year)
Head Coach Mike Hopkins is in his fourth year at Washington, and fourth as a head coach after becoming the 19th head coach in UW history. During his 22 years as an assistant at Syracuse, Hopkins was a part of teams that reached the NCAA Tournament 16 times including the 2003 National Championship, four Final Fours, five Elite Eights and 10 Sweet 16s along with four NIT berths. Syracuse never dipped below a 55.0 percent record while Hopkins was on staff. Hopkins is a two-time Pac-12 Coach of the Year, winning the honor in each of his first two seasons with the Huskies as he led UW to back-to-back 20 win seasons with postseason appearances each year. (2018 NIT, 2019 NCAA Second Round).
• Sophomore Marcus Tsohonis recorded his third 20-point effort night of the season at Oregon State and third over the last seven games with 22 points on 8-of-13 shooting from the field ... Tsohonis was also perfect from the FT line shooting 4-of-4
• Washington was nearly perfect from the charity stripe at Oregon State, with a 20-of-22 mark (90.9 percent) ... UW previously went 100 percent from the FT line this season when facing Oregon in Seattle, going 10-of-10 on Dec. 12, 2020.
• Against the Cougs, senior Quade Green recorded his sixth 20-point game of the season ... he also recorded his second-straight 20-point effort which is the second time in his career he has had back-to-back 20-point nights ... he now has nine 20-point games in his 31-game UW career
• The last player to reach nine 20-point scoring nights in 30 games or less was Jaylen Nowell who did it in 29 games during his freshman season (2017-18)
• Washington's 14 assists on 21 made FGs against Washington State was a season-high ... the Huskies followed that with 10 assists on 23 made FGs at Oregon State
• All seven of junior transfer Erik Stevenson's double-digit scoring nights this season have come in the last seven games where he is averaging 16.6 points and 3.7 rebounds in that span ... Prior to the California game, Stevenson had only made four from long distance, he has since made 19
• Junior Jamal Bey has been efficient from the field over the last seven outings, averaging 14.1 points and shooting 55.0 percent from the field, 56.5 percent from 3 and adding 4.7 rebounds in that span
• UW has had four players score at least 26 points in a game this season in Bey (28), Tsohonis (27), Stevenson (27) and Green (26)
• Redshirt sophomore Nate Roberts is currently seventh in the league in rebounding, averaging 6.6 per game overall and is sixth in Pac-12 games pulling down 6.8 per night.
• Bey is currently second in the league in 3-point FG percentage at 52.6 percent and is third in Pac-12 games in shooting 53.3 percent (16-of-30) ... 30 of his 38 3-point attempts on the season have come during league action
• In Washington's two wins over Utah and Colorado, the Huskies shot 50 percent from the field (57-114) and 49 percent from 3-point range (24-49) ... the Dawgs also scored 80 or more points in back-to-back games for just the fifth time under head coach Mike Hopkins and the first time since a pair of games in December of 2019 (Dec. 17 v. Seattle/Dec. 22 vs. Ball St.)
• Jamal Bey became the fourth Husky to record a 20-point night with his career-high 28 against Utah, which are also the most points scored by a Husky since David Crisp scored 32 at California on Feb. 28, 2019
• From 3-point range, UW has been shooting 41.8 percent over the last seven outings compared to its season percentage of 32.2
• Green has 133 career assists at UW in just 31 games ... averaging 4.3 a game while being a Husky