Women's Basketball Set For Pac-12 Tournament Matchup vs. Washington State
The University of Utah Women's Basketball team is headed to Las Vegas, Nev. for the 2021 Pac-12 Women's Basketball Tournament as the 10-seed, taking on the No. 7-seed Washington State Cougars on Wednesday, March 3. The game is set for a 6 p.m. MT tip in Michelob Ultra Arena in the Mandalay Bay Events Center.
HOW TO TUNE IN
Utah's game against Washington State will air on Pac-12 Network with Krista Blunk and Mary Murphy on the call. Fans can also tune in to 105.5 FM with Tyson Ewing and Amanda Smith giving play-by-play action on the radio.
UTES IN THE PAC-12 TOURNAMENT
Utah is 3-9 all-time in the Pac-12 Tournament since joining the league in 2011-12. The Utes will look to build on the momentum set from last year's tournament after Utah won its first tournament game under the direction of head coach Lynne Roberts, beating Washington 72-63 in the first round.
• Utah's underclassmen (3 sophomores, 4 freshmen) have scored 813 of Utah's 1,216 points (67%).
• The Utes bring size to the court this season, averaging out at 6-1 between the 14 players on the roster. Ten of Utah's 14 squad members are 6-0 or taller.
• Utah ranks sixth in the Pac-12 in three-pointers made this season (137), averaging 6.8 per game.
• Utah and Washington State tied for the second-most conference games played this season at 19 behind Stanford (21).
• The Utes and the Cougars haven't faced off on a neutral court since Dec. 10, 1982 when Utah came away with a 70-63 win at the Boise State Tournament that year. Utah is 1-1 all-time on neutral courts against Washington State.
With a win, the Utes would advance to the quarterfinals to take on the No. 2-seed Arizona on Thursday, March 4. The game is set to tip off at 6 p.m. MT and will air on Pac-12 Network.
STAY HOME, STAY ENGAGED
With fans not allowed in the arena per the Pac-12 health guidelines, there are several ways to stay up-to-date and engaged in the game. Fans can follow the Utes on Twitter (@UtahWBB) and Instagram (@UtahWBB) along with catching interesting and informative stories on UtahUtes.com.
Sophomores Brynna Maxwell and Kemery Martín have earned Pac-12 All-Conference honorable mention, it was announced on Monday.
• The duo has combined to score 473 of Utah's 1,216 points (39%) with Maxwell averaging a team-high 12.7 points and Martín putting up 11.0.
• They have reached double-digits in 12 games each, both reaching the 20-point mark at least twice this season.
• Maxwell earned her second-straight All-Pac-12 honorable mention nod after receiving the recognition as a freshman last season.