Beavers Return to Action at Home Versus Washington State
• Oregon State hosts Washington State on Friday at 6 pm (PT) and Sunday at noon in Gill Coliseum.
• Friday and Sunday's matches will be streamed. Fans can find the stream by visiting the volleyball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
• Live stats will be available for both matches. Fans can access links to live stats by visiting the volleyball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
AGAINST THE COUGARS
• Washington State has won the last three matches, the last OSU win coming on Nov. 19, 2017 (3-1). The Beavers swept the 2017 season series, earning a 3-2 win over the Cougars on Oct. 15.
• Wazzu won both matches in 2019 in four sets.
• In last season's series, the Beavers recorded more assists (100-96) and digs (108-100).
• Grace Massey posted a team-high 33 digs in the two games in 2019.
SCOUTING No. 16 WASHINGTON STATE
• Washington State is on a four match win streak, including three straight three set wins.
• The Cougars last played on Feb. 26 and 28 against Cal.
• Pia Timmer is leading WSU with 128 kills and 3.20 kills per set.
• Hannah Pukis has team-bests of 366 assists and 127 digs this season. Magda Jehlarova has 50 blocks on the year, a team-high mark.
• Wazzu is fourth in the Pac-12 in attacking percentage (.245) and service aces (69), while sitting fifth with 12.78 kills per set. They are third in the conference with 110 blocks.
LAST TIME OUT
• OSU swept its series against Cal on Mar. 5 and 7, including a three set sweep in game two.
• The Beavers out-performed the Bears in kills (102-80), aces (12-11), blocks (17-10), assists (99-74), and digs (122-97).
• Freshman Izzi Szulczewski recorded a team-best 84 assists between both matches.
• Senior Grace Massey led the team with a combined 32 digs.
• Freshman Mychael Vernon tallied a team-high of 31 kills in two matches.
• Freshman Anastasija Svetnik notched her first career weekly honor, claiming Pac-12 Freshman of the Week on Mar. 9 for her playing against Cal on Mar. 5 and 7. She tallied a weekend attacking percentage of .704 with 19 kills off 27 attempts with no errors.
• Freshman Mychael Vernon earned her first career weekly honor, being named Pac-12 Freshman of the Week on Feb. 15 for her performance against ASU when she recorded back-to-back double-doubles to lead OSU with 36 total kills and added a combined 28 digs.
Oregon State volleyball fans are encouraged to join Off the Bench, the program's new donor club. Click here for more information or call Alyssa Whitney at 541-231-4351 or email Rebecca McCaulley at email@example.com.
For more information on the Oregon State volleyball team, follow the club's official Twitter account at Twitter.com/BeaverVBall, by Facebook at Facebook.com/BeaverVBall or on Instagram at Instagram.com/BeaverVBall.
Oregon State Athletics strives to Build Excellent Authentic Visionary Student-Athletes (Go BEAVS).