Baseball Takes On Oregon In Rivalry Series
GAME 12: Oregon State (10-1) vs. Oregon (6-2)
March 12, 2021 • 5:35 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
RHP Kevin Abel (1-1, 0.57) vs. LHP Robert Ahlstrom (0-0, 0.00)
Oregon State opens a three-game non-conference series with Oregon Friday at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. First pitch is scheduled for 5:35 p.m. PT. The Rivalry Series is presented by Safeway-Albertsons, Spirit Mountain Casino, PacificSource Health Plans, Your Local Toyota Dealers and First Interstate Bank.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will not be broadcast.
A live video stream, produced by Oregon State, will be available. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for a link.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Jacob Melton snapped a 3-3 stalemate with an RBI single in the ninth to send Oregon State to a 4-3 win and series sweep of BYU Saturday in Corvallis. Melton went 2-for-4 and paced OSU with three RBI. Justin Boyd also totaled two hits to help the Oregon State offense, which finished with nine overall.
Pitching Coming Off A Sweep
• Oregon State's pitching staff held BYU to 13 hits and six runs - five earned - with 37 strikeouts in 27 innings during the three-game sweep.
• The bullpen accounted for just two of the 13 hits as well two of the six runs.
• Oregon State's pitching staff has a 1.64 earned run average in 2021, which, as of Monday, ranks fourth nationally.
Melton's Six-Game Streak
• Jacob Melton extended his hit streak to six games Saturday with a 2-for-4 effort, which also included the walkoff winner in the ninth.
• Melton is 10-for-19 with two doubles and five RBI during the streak.
Casey's Team Best At Seven
• Joe Casey, meanwhile, has the longest active streak at seven games, where he is 9-for-28 with three doubles, a home run and five RBI.
• The Beavers and Ducks have met 54 times since Oregon re-instated its program in 2009.
• Oregon State holds a 36-18 advantage over that stretch, including a 20-6 mark in games played at Goss Stadium.
• The teams did not play in 2020.
• Jake Mulholland has 33 career saves, just four shy of Kevin Gunderson's (2004-06) program-record 37.
• Mulholland has also lowered his career ERA to 2.35, which pushes him into sole possession of ninth all-time at OSU.
• The OSU pitching staff has a 0.99 WHIP this season, which ranks sixth nationally.
• OSU has scored more runs in the sixth (22) than it has allowed overall (21) this season.
• OSU's 10-game win streak is its longest since a 10-game streak in 2019.