Baseball Welcomes Broncos To Goss For Two
GAME 18: Oregon State (13-4) vs. Santa Clara (6-12)
March 23, 2021 • 5:35 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
TBA vs. TBA
Oregon State steps out of Pac-12 Conference play for a pair of midweek games versus Santa Clara. The Beavers and Broncos open the midweek series Tuesday at 5:35 p.m. PT at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will not be broadcast.
A live video stream, produced by Oregon State, will be available. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for a link.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Andy Armstrong hit a solo home run in the eighth inning to send Oregon State to a 9-8 win over Washington State Sunday afternoon at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. Armstrong's home run, his second of the season, came on an 0-1 pitch from WSU reliever Dakota Hawkins. It capped a seesaw battle for the Oregon State offense, which totaled 11 hits and nine walks off seven Cougar pitchers. It was also the Beavers' first extra-base hit of the day.
Versus Santa Clara
• Tuesday's matchup is the first meeting between the teams since 2008 when Oregon State won a 12-10 decision in San Diego, with Mark Grbavac the winning pitcher.
• Santa Clara's visit marks the first time the Broncos will play in Corvallis.
• Santa Clara has won seven of the last 10 meetings dating back to the 1982 season.
• The Broncos lead the all-time series, 14-4-1.
Forrester's Last Four
• Garret Forrester hit safely in all three games of the series versus the Cougars, and carries a four-game series into the midweek matchup with Santa Clara.
• Forrester is 7-for-15 with three runs, four RBI, a home run and a walk during the streak.
Salgado So Far
• Bryant Salgado won his second game of the season on Sunday.
• The right-handed reliever has thrown in eight games this season, totaling nine innings. He hs has opponents to five hits and a .167 batting average while walking four with nine strikeouts.
• Cole Hamilton became the first OSU catcher to bat in the top two spots of the lineup Sunday since Adley Rutschman on May 25, 2019 against USC.
• Jake Mulholland saved his fifth game of the season Sunday, and 35th of his career. He is two shy of tying Kevin Gunderson (2004-06) for the all-time OSU record.
• Oregon State is 6-3 on its 11-game homestand, which is its longest since the 2010 season.
• OSU has scored 24 runs in the sixth inning in 2021. The Beavers also have 15 in the fifth.
• Andy Armstrong is the lone Beaver to start every game at the same position this year. He has started 31 straight at shortstop.