Road Trip to Colorado Awaits Sun Devils
TEMPE, Ariz. - Sun Devil Volleyball is on the road for the second weekend in a row, traveling to play Colorado on Friday and Sunday.
Sun Devil Outlook
Arizona State (5-11)
- After losing the first match at Stanford last Friday, the Sun Devils bounced back with a historic win against the Cardinal on Sunday. That was their first win at Stanford since 1982.
- Arizona State has won four of its last five matches. The team has also won its last two matches that went to five sets after losing the first four matches that went to five this season.
- Iman Isanovic and Marta Levinska remain unmatched in their offensive game. They are the only two on the team with triple digit kill totals for the season at 217 and 193, respectively. Last match, Isanovic led the team with 21 kills and also collected 13 digs.
- Freshman Ella Snyder leads the team in total assists with 408 this season, collecting 41 in the contest against Stanford on Sunday after coming off the bench. Sophomore Shannon Shields is second on the team with a total of 144.
- Middle blocker Kennedi Boyd has been a strong player at the net this season. She is currently ranked third in the conference and 36th in the nation for total blocks with 71.
- The starting libero for the majority of this season has been Annika Larson. The sophomore has a team-high 247 digs on the year and has reached double figures in digs in all but three matches this season. Larson is second in the Pac-12 for total digs.
- The Buffs are coming off of a series against No. 12 Utah where they won the first match and lost the second.
- Redshirt senior Leah Clayton leads the team in kills with 157. The Buffs' primary setter is junior Jenna Ewert who has collected 467 assists this season. On defense, redshirt junior Brynna DeLuzio leads the team with 192 digs this season.
- Colorado is currently ranked 7th in the Pac-12, just ahead of ASU.
- Last time these teams met in November 2019, Colorado won all three sets on its home court. In Tempe that season, the Sun Devils beat Colorado in four sets, the first one going to 31 points.
How to Watch
The teams will meet Friday at 6 p.m. MST and Sunday at 11 a.m. MST. Both can be watched on Colorado's live stream.