No. 19 Arizona Continues Win Streak at Home against UCLA
TUCSON, Ariz. - No. 19 Arizona completes its home schedule undefeated with a win over No. 22 UCLA with a 4-1 score on Senior Day.
The Cats dropped the doubles point, but rallied quickly in singles to take the first four points to clinch the match. Filip Malbasic got the Wildcats going first with a straight set ranked match win, followed by impressive wins by No. 30 Gustaf Strom and No. 59 Jonas Ziverts. Nick Lagaev was the catalyst in the win, coming back to clinch the match in the third set to give Arizona it's second ever win against UCLA.
The Wildcats continue their impressive Pac-12 play, maintaining an unblemished 4-0 record against quality opponents. Strom continues to impress with a perfect singles record and Ziverts adds an impressive win over No. 48 Keegan Smith on court one.
1. Smith/Pereira def. Ziverts/Malbasic 6-4
2. No. 74 Hassey/Reguant vs. Baird/Nanda 5-4, unf.
3. Tsolakyan/Bellamy def. Horwood/Middleton 6-1
Order of finish: 3, 1
1. No. 59 Jonas Ziverts def. No. 48 Keegan Smith 6-3, 5-7, 6-4
2. #30 Gustaf Strom def. Govind Nanda 7-5, 6-2
3. Filip Malbasic def. No.57 Drew Baird 7-5, 6-0
4. Alejandro Reguant vs. Ben Goldberg 3-6, 7-6 (7-3), 1-2, unf.
5. Carlos Hassey vs. Sam Feit 7-5, 3-6, 1-2, unf.
6. Nick Lagaev def. Mathew Tsolakyan 3-6, 6-4, 6-0
Order of finish: 3, 2, 1, 6