Men’s Tennis Downs UC Davis
STANFORD, Calif. – Stanford men's tennis won its second consecutive match on Tuesday, routing UC Davis, 7-0, at Taube Family Tennis Center. The contest was the Cardinal's final in non-conference play.
Stanford got out to a quick start, earning the doubles point with wins on all three courts. The tandem of Tomas Kopczynski and Alexandre Rotsaert were nearly perfect in a 6-1 triumph, while Axel Geller and Neel Rajesh and Tristan Boyer and Timothy Saw posted dueling 6-4 decisions at the top two positions.
Arthur Fery, newly ranked at No. 95, continued his strong start with a 6-2, 6-4 win on court one. The win gives him a team-leading six this season. Timothy Sah and William Genesen gave Stanford the win, with Genesen providing the clinching point on court five.
Sangeet Sridhar, Boyer and Rajesh rounded out the afternoon with wins to complete the shutout.
Stanford returns to conference action, hosting Pac-12 foe Arizona State on Friday at 11 a.m.
Stanford 7, UC Davis 0
1) Geller/Rajesh (STAN) d. Goulak/Thamma (UCD), 6-4
2) Boyer/Sah (STAN) d. Mitchell Davis/Volgin (UCD), 6-4
3) Kopczynski/Rotsaert (STAN) d. Dariush Jalali/Necz (UCD), 6-1
Order of Finish: 3, 1, 2
1) No. 95 Arthur Fery (STAN) d. Ivan Thamma (UCD), 6-2, 6-4
2) Tristan Boyer (STAN) d. Andrei Volgin (UCD), 5-7, 6-1, 6-4
3) Timothy Sah (STAN) d. David Goulak (UCD), 6-3, 6-1
4) Neel Rajesh (STAN) d. Andras Necz (UCD), 7-6 (3), 6-7 (4), 1-0 (6)
5) William Genesen (STAN) d. Arjith Jayaraman (UCD), 6-2, 7-5
6) Sangeet Sridhar (STAN) d. Chethan Swanson (UCD), 2-6, 6-3, 6-4
Order of Finish: 1, 3, 5, 6, 2, 4