Gameday: Baseball At Oregon (4/10/21)
GAME 30: Oregon State (21-8, 7-3) vs. Oregon (17-7, 4-3)
April 10, 2021 • 6:35 p.m. PT • Eugene, Ore. • PK Park
LHP Cooper Hjerpe (2-2, 1.69) vs. RHP Cullen Kafka (4-1, 3.41)
Oregon State continues its three-game conerence series with Oregon Saturday night at PK Park. First pitch is scheduled for 6:35 p.m. PT. The Rivalry Series is presented by Safeway-Albertsons, Spirit Mountain Casino, PacificSource Health Plans, Your Local Toyota Dealers and First Interstate Bank.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks with Rich Burk calling the action.
Subscribers to the Pac-12 Networks can watch the game online at pac-12.com or by using the Pac-12 Now app on smartphones and tablets.
A live video stream, produced by Oregon State, will be available. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for a link.
Andy Armstrong went 2-for-3 and Kevin Abel held Oregon to two hits and a run over six innings but the Ducks scored three in the eighth to take the first game of the series, 4-1, Friday night at PK Park. Jacob Melton tripled and scored on a Ryan Ober sacrifice fly to tie the game in the eighth.
Melton National Player Of The Week
• Jacob Melton, who hit four home runs and collected 11 hits - with one double and one triple - while driving in eight was named the National Player of the Week by both Collegiate Baseball and Perfect Game.
• Melton was also named the Pac-12 Player of the Week, Oregon State's second of the season after Ryan Ober.
• Melton continued his hot hitting with a 1-for-4 night Friday. He extended his hit streak to three games where he is 5-for-11.
On The Road
• Oregon State's loss Friday marked just the first in a true road game this season. The Beavers are 11-2 in games away from Goss Stadium at Coleman Field, which includes neutral-site contests in Surprise, Ariz.
• Including Friday's series opener, the Beavers are in a stretch where they're playing 11-of-14 away from home.
Armstrong Keeps Hitting
• Andy Armstrong went 2-for-3 Friday for his 14th multiple-hit effort of the 2021 season.
• He has hit safely in 23 of the team's 29 games this season and in 10 of his last 13.
• Armstrong's 42 hits on the season rank second in the Pac-12 while his .378 batting average is good for seventh. He is also tied for the Pac-12 lead with 10 doubles.
• Jacob Melton is second in the conference with a .456 batting average. He is also third in the Pac-12 in slugging percentage (.735) and fifth in on-base percentage (.494).
• Melton has reached base in nine straight games, OSU's longest active streak.
• OSU is the first Pac-12 team to throw for 300 or more strikeouts this season. The Beavers have 310.
• OSU is on pace for 599 through the regular season; the team's record is 596 in 2018.