Women's Tennis Falls 4-1 to Colorado Buffaloes
BOULDER, Colo. – The University of Utah Women's Tennis team secured the first point of the match when they won the doubles point, but fell short during singles play for a final score of 4-1 against the Buffaloes.
Doubles play was a swift victory for the Utes, who quickly secured the point, starting on court one. Anastasia Goncharova and Emily Dush swept the Colorado duo 6-0 while Lindsay Hung and Madison Tattini followed suit on court three with a 6-2 win.
On court two, Madeline and Anya Lamoreaux were leading, 4-3, but their match remained unfinished.
As the Utes moved into singles play, the challenge grew stronger. Colorado secured its first point on court one, where M. Lamoreaux fell to Campos 6-2, 7-6 (7-2). The Buffaloes got their second point on court three after Hung fell short for scores of 6-2, 6-2 against opponent Megan Forster.
On court two, Emily Dush also fell to her opposition after three tough sets, 6-1, 4-6, 7-6 (8-6), granting Colorado a third point. The match point came soon after, when A. Lamoreaux fell to Colorado's Ky Ecton 6-3, 6-3 on court five. The matches on courts four and six remained unfinished.
The Utes will return to Salt Lake to prepare for the Pac-12 Championships, which will take place from Friday Apr.23 to Monday Apr. 26 at the Barnes Tennis Center in San Diego, Calif.
COLORADO 4, UTAH 1
1. Maria Campos (COLO) def. Madeline Lamoreaux (UTAH) 6-2, 7-6 (7-2)
2. Sophia Derivan (COLO) def. Emily Dush (UTAH) 6-1, 4-6, 7-6 (8-6)
3. Megan Forster (COLO) def. Lindsay Hung (UTAH) 6-2, 6-2
4. Anastasia Goncharova (UTAH) vs. Antonia Balzert (COLO) 6-4, 1-4, unf.
5. Ky Ecton (COLO) def. Anya Lamoreaux (UTAH) 6-3, 6-3
6. Madison Tattini (UTAH) vs. Fleur Eggnik (COLO) 0-5, unf.
1. Anastasia Goncharova/Emily Dush (UTAH) def. Fleur Eggnik/Antonia Balzert (COLO) 6-0
2. Madeline Lamoreaux/Anya Lamoreaux (UTAH) vs. Megan Forster/Sophia Derivan (COLO) 4-3, unf.
3. Lindsay Hung/Madison Tattini def. Maria Campos/Ky Ecton (COLO) 6-2