SEATTLE – Winning the conference title with a sweep, Stanford men's tennis rolled to a 7-0 win over Washington on Sunday. The Cardinal improves to 6-1 in Pac-12 play, 9-4 overall, to win its first league championship since 2015 and its first outright title since 2003.
Stanford got out to a quick start in doubles, winning on courts one and three. The tandem of Arthur Fery and Alexandre Rotsaert coasted to a 6-0 victory on court three, while the pair of Axel Geller and Tomas Kopczynski picked up a 6-3 triumph in the top spot.
The Cardinal won all six singles matches to complete its second 7-0 shutout of the season. Rotsaert and Neel Rajesh gave Stanford a 3-0 lead with straight set wins on courts four and six, respectively, while Tristan Boyer clinched the match and the league championship on court four, 7-5, 6-2.
Axel Geller closed out his win at the top spots in straight sets, his third of the year over a ranked singles opponent, while Timothy Sah and Fery each won in three sets.
Stanford earned the top seed for the Pac-12 Tournament, which starts on Friday, April 23.
No. 24/15 Stanford 7, Washington 0
1) Geller/Tomas Kopczynski (STAN) d. Alvarez/Davis (WASH), 6-3
2) Thibault Cancel/Chidekh (WASH) led Boyer/Sah (STAN), 5-4 susp.
3) Fery/Rotsaert (STAN) d. Lin/Lumsden (WASH), 6-0
Order of Finish: 3,1
1) No. 89 Axel Geller (STAN) d. No. 110 Clement Chidekh (WASH), 6-3, 7-6 (4)
2) No. 36 Arthur Fery (STAN) d. Ewen Lumsden (WASH), 6-2, 4-6, 7-5
3) Alexandre Rotsaert (STAN) d. Jack Davis (WASH), 6-2, 6-3
4) Tristan Boyer (STAN) d. Han-Chin Lin (WASH), 7-5, 6-2
5) Timothy Sah (STAN) d. Jack Pulliam (WASH), 6-3, 6-7 (8), 1-0 (4)
6) Neel Rajesh (STAN) d. Alexis Alvarez (WASH), 7-5, 6-1
Order of Finish: 3, 6, 4, 1, 5, 2