Wildcats Host Lopes at Hi Corbett Tuesday
May 3, 2021
TUCSON, Ariz. — XXX
More details on Tuesday's game can be found below.
|Date||Time (MST) / Result||Arizona Pitcher||Grand Canyon Pitcher|
|Tuesday, May 4||6:00 PM||TBA||TBA|
- Arizona closes out an eight-game homestand with a Tuesday tilt against Grand Canyon. The game will be broadcast on Wildcats Radio 1290 and available to view online via Arizona Live Stream.
- The Wildcats lead the all-time series against the Lopes, 64-24, with games dating back to 1967. The two teams last met mid-April in Phoenix, with GCU taking a 5-4 victory in 10 innings.
- Arizona has scored at least one run in 150 straight games. They have not suffered a shutout loss since falling 1-0 at Washington on March 17, 2017. Their 150-game scoring streak is the longest active scoring streak in the Pac-12.
- True freshmen Jacob Berry (11) and Daniel Susac (10) have combined for 21 home runs this year. They are the first pair of Arizona freshmen to both hit double-digit home runs in program history.
- RHP Chase Silseth was selected as the Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week after working 7.0 scoreless, two-hit innings and earning the win on Friday against Utah. He is now 7-0 with a 1.90 ERA in seven starts at Hi Corbett Field this year.
- The Wildcats currently lead the country with a .333 batting average and .435 on-base percentage. They also rank among the top five teams in the nation in slugging percentage (5th, .511) and scoring (t-4th, 8.7).
- Since closing out the 2019 season on a 10-game win streak, the Wildcats have posted a record of 50-16 (.758).