Arizona Receives National No. 11 Seed, Will Host Tucson Regional
TUCSON, Ariz. -- For the 25th time in program history, the Arizona Wildcats will begin their postseason quest at home, as Hillenbrand Stadium has been selected to host the initial round of the NCAA Softball Championship. Arizona will host an NCAA Softball Championships Regional Friday through Sunday, May 21-23, at Rita Hillenbrand Memorial Stadium. Ole Miss, Villanova and UMBC will come to Tucson for the three-day event.
Arizona received the national No. 11 seed.
Villanova and Ole Miss will play at 3 p.m. MST on ESPN U on Friday. Arizona and UMBC meet at 5:30 p.m. on ESPN 3 on Friday in the nightcap.
The winners of Friday's games will meet on Saturday in the third game of the Tucson Regional at 2 p.m. while Friday's non-advancing teams will play in game 4 at 4:30 p.m. MST. The loser of game 3 and the winner of game 4 will meet on Saturday at 7 p.m. for a spot in the regional final.
Sunday's regional final will begin at 5 p.m. with the if-necessary seventh game to begin at 7:30 p.m. MST.
The selection marks the 34th consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance for Arizona, the longest active streak in the country and the longest in the sport's history. Arizona's streak of 34 consecutive NCAA Regional appearances dates back to 1987, head coach Mike Candrea's second year in Tucson. Under Candrea, the Wildcats have won 30 NCAA Regional titles and eight national championships.
Arizona concluded the regular season 36-13 overall and 12-10 in the Pac-12.
Nine Wildcats were named all-Pac-12, including Jessie Harper, Janelle Meoño, Dejah Mulipola and Sharlize Palacios, who all received first-team recognition. Meoño was named the Pac-12 Freshman of the Year, Arizona's first recipeint of the award since Katiyana Mauga in 2014, and the Pac-12 Batting Champion with her .442 regular season average. Arizona now has the last two batting champions after Reyna Carranco earned the award in 2019.
For further information, follow the team's official Twitter account (@ArizonaSoftball).
- Infield: $30/ticket
- Candrea's Corner: $20
- Tickets will be allocated based on Wildcat Club Priority Points each round
- Once all infield locations are filled, we will begin allocating seats in Candrea's Corner
- Any seats not purchased by Season Ticket Holders will be opened for the general public
- Deadline for Season Ticket Holders to reserve: Monday, May 17 at 5 p.m. MST
- All orders are requests until Arizona Athletics can confirm availability.
- Fans will only be charged if we are able to provide you with tickets
- In the event that Arizona Athletics is not chosen as a host institution, your card will not be charged and all ticketing will be available through the host institution chosen
Click HERE to reserve.
Tucson Regional Schedule (times MST)
|Friday, May 21|
|3 p.m.||G1: Villanova vs. Ole Miss||ESPN U|
|5:30 p.m.||G2: ARIZONA vs. UMBC||ESPN 3|
|Saturday, May 22|
|2 p.m.||G3: G1 Winner vs. G2 Winner||TBA|
|4:30 p.m.||G4: G1 Loser vs. G2 Loser||TBA|
|7 p.m.||G5: G3 Loser vs. G4 winner||TBA|
|Sunday, May 23|
|5 p.m.||G6: G3 Winner vs. G5 Winner||TBA|
|7:30 p.m.||G7: (If Necessary)||TBA|