Beavers Conclude Home Slate With Three Versus Arizona
GAME 51: Oregon State (32-18, 14-10) vs. Arizona (36-13, 19-8)
May 21, 2021 • 6:05 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
RHP Kevin Abel (3-3, 3.41) vs. RHP Chase Silseth (7-1, 5.01)
Oregon State opens its final home series of the 2021 season Friday night against Arizona. First pitch at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field is scheduled for 6:05 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks. Rich Burk and Bill Rowe will call the action.
Subscribers to the Pac-12 Networks can watch the game online at pac-12.com or by using the Pac-12 Now app on smartphones and tablets.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Greg Fuchs drove in a run on a double and Justin Boyd posted a sacrifice fly as the Beavers dropped a 7-2 decision to Portland Tuesday night at Joe Etzel Field. Jake Dukart led Oregon State with two hits.
• The teams are meeting for the 78th time on Friday and the Beavers hold a slim 39-38 advantage all-time.
• The Beavers have won seven of the last 10 meetings back to 2016. OSU, all-time, is 23-10 in games played in Corvallis.
• Oregon State has won the last three series played in Corvallis dating back to 2015. The Beavers have taken nine of the 11 three-game series played in Corvallis. The first meeting in Oregon was in 1998.
At 49 Home Runs
• Oregon State now has 49 home runs on the year and is looking to become the fifth Beaver team since 2000 to tally 50 or more in the regular season. OSU did so in 2000 (58), 2001 (53), 2002 (54) and 2018 (52). The 2018 club ended the season with 67 after hitting 15 in the postseason.
- The 2021 Beavers have hit 13 home runs over their last six games. That includes nine in the three-game series versus Arizona State.
Claunch Goes For 11
• Troy Claunch recorded an eighth-inning single Tuesday to extend his hit streak to 11 games, the longest by a Beaver this season.
• Claunch is 17-for-44 (.386) with four doubles, three home runs and 11 RBI during the season.
• He has upped his average from .270 prior to the streak to .302.
• Oregon State has six games remaining during the regular season. All six are set to air on the Pac-12 Networks.
• Andy Armstrong was named as a semifinalist for the Brooks Wallace Award Tuesday. The honor is given annually to the nation's top collegiate shortstop.
• OSU has 503 strikeouts this season, which leads the Pac-12 and marks the fourth time in school history with 500 or more.
• Wade Meckler pushed hit streak to six games Tuesday, his season long.
• OSU is 16-7 at home this season.