Best in the West
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Two Stanford players were named to the NFCA all-region teams, the organization announced on Thursday.
Alana Vawter was named to the All-West Region first team, while Taylor Gindlesperger landed on the third team. It is the first career all-region honors for both.
Alana Vawter- First Team, Pitcher
- 21-9 on the season with a 1.21 ERA.
- First Stanford pitcher with 20 victories in a season since 2014 (Madi Schreyer).
- One of five Power-5 pitchers in the country with 20 victories and a 1.23 or lower ERA this season.
- Also landed on the all-conference first and freshmen teams.
Taylor Gindlesperger- Third Team, Outfielder
- Leads the Cardinal with a .335/.388/.537 slash line, and with an OPS of .925.
- Has 17 extra-base hits on the year, with five doubles, eight triples and four homes runs, while adding 10 stolen bases.
- Her eight triples leads the Pac-12, is tied for second in the nation, and is tied for the single-season school record.
- Ranks in the top 15 in the conference in four categories.
- Stanford's lone starter in center field.
- Also landed on the Pac-12's all-second team.
Stanford will open the NCAA Fayetteville Regional tomorrow against South Dakota State, 12:30 p.m. CT, on ESPN3.