Gameday: Baseball vs. TCU (6/6/21)
GAME 59: Oregon State (35-23) vs. TCU (41-18)
June 6, 2021 • 11:06 a.m. PT • Fort Worth, Texas • Lupton Stadium
TBA vs. TBA
Oregon State plays in an elimination game Sunday when the Beavers take on host TCU in the Fort Worth Regional at Lupton Stadium. First pitch is slated for 11:06 a.m. PT (1:06 p.m. in Texas). The winner advances to play Dallas Baptist later Sunday at 4 p.m. PT (6 p.m. in Texas).
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will be broadcast on ESPN3. Anish Shroff and Keith Moreland will call the game.
Watch the game by visiting espn.com, via the ESPN app on smartphones and tablets as well as through Roku, Chromecast and other providers.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Kyle Dernedde tied the Oregon State postseason record with six RBI to help send the Beavers to a 10-5 win over McNeese on Saturday. Dernedde doubled twice, driving in three runs in both the fourth and eighth innings. Ryan Ober also drove in two for the Beavers, who finished with 10 hits. Chase Watkins worked three innings, allowing one hit and one unearned run for the win.
Up To 580
• Oregon State's pitching staff combined for 14 strikeouts Saturday, which was just two shy of the program's postseason record 16 versus Arkansas in 2018.
• Those 14 strikeouts pushed the Beavers' tally to 580 on the season, which is now 16 shy of the single-season record of 596 set in 2018.
• The Beavers lead the Pac-12 with 10.03 strikeouts per nine innings.
Dernedde's Big Day
• Kyle Dernedde came into the day with two RBI in 12 games. The freshman had a big day in the win over McNeese, driving in six runs on the strength of two bases-clearing doubles, first in the fourth, then in the eighth.
• Dernedde's six RBI tied the Oregon State single-game postseason record, set by Bill Rowe on June 4, 2006 versus Hawai'i.
• The six RBI marked the first multiple-RBI effort of Dernedde's career.
• Oregon State players have seven games of five or more RBI this season.
Bullpen Over Two
• Oregon State's bullpen had a second consecutive stellar effort in the win over McNeese.
• The 'pen held the Cowboys to two hits and an unearned run in 4 2/3 innings.
• The Beavers' bullpen has combined for seven hits allowed in 10 2/3 innings in the first two games in Fort Worth. The bullpen has struck out 12 over the two games.
• The 'pen has struck out 148 in 139 2/3 innings away from Goss Stadium at Coleman Field, limiting opponents to 111 hits with 59 walks.
• Oregon State hit the 35-win mark Saturday for the 10th consecutive season.
• Oregon State is 18-9 in day games.
• The Beavers are looking to win their 20th non-conference game for the first time since 2018.