Pac-12 Women’s Volleyball Weekly Awards - August 30, 2021
Offensive Player of the Week: Leah Clayton, Gr., OH, COLORADO (Danville, Va.)
» 5.29 KPS, .383 PCT, 2 SA, 5.9 PPS
- Named MVP of the Charlotte Invitational after leading CU to a pair of wins over Xavier (3-1) and the host 49ers (3-0).
- Averaged a conference-leading 5.29 kills and 5.9 points per set in the two victories, including a 22-kill performance against Xavier.
- Is fifth in the nation in kills per set and sixth in points per set after the season's opening weekend.
- Hit .383 in the two matches and also had 14 digs and three blocks.
ALSO NOMINATED: Brooke Botkin, USC; Dani Drews, UTAH; Abby Hansen, OREGON; Jaelyn Hodge, ARIZONA; Claire Jeter, ARIZONA STATE; Kendall Kipp, STANFORD; Mac May, UCLA; Izzi Szulczewski, OREGON STATE; Penny Tusa, WASHINGTON STATE.
Defensive Player of the Week: Elena Oglivie, So., L, STANFORD (Honolulu, Hawaii)
» 5.67 DPS, 1.33 APS, 3 SA
- Led the Stanford defense in a pair of sweeps at Villanova and Temple to open the 2021 season.
- Averaged 5.67 digs per set and had just one reception error in 14 total attempts.
- Registered a match-high 19 digs and equaled her career-highs with five assists and three aces on Friday against the Wildcats.
- Followed up with 15 digs, three assists and a kill against the Owls on Saturday.
- Leads the league and is tied for 14th in the nation in digs per set.
ALSO NOMINATED: Kennedi Evans, UTAH; Zoe Fleck, UCLA; Abby Hansen, OREGON; Meegan Hart, COLORADO; Kamaile Hiapo, ARIZONA; Annika Larson, ARIZONA STATE; Grace Massey, OREGON STATE; Shannon Scully, USC.
Freshman of the Week: Kami Miner, Fr., S, STANFORD (Redondo Beach, Calif.)
» 13.67 APS, 3.00 DPS
- Averaged 13.67 assists and 3.00 digs per set in Stanford's sweeps at Villanova and Temple, while controlling a Cardinal offense that hit .360 for the two matches.
- Turned in a double-double with 39 assists and 14 digs in her collegiate debut at Villanova to go along with two kills and an ace.
- Followed up with 43 assists, four digs and three kills, while setting Stanford's offense to a .425 clip at Temple.
- Leads the NCAA in assists per set.
ALSO NOMINATED: Francesca Alupei, UCLA; Andi Kreiling, ARIZONA STATE; Vivian Light, OREGON STATE; Bella Simkus, COLORADO; Puk Stubbe, ARIZONA; Mia Tuaniga, USC.
|Aug. 30||Leah Clayton, COLO||Elena Oglivie, STAN||Kami Miner, STAN|