Final Non-Conference Test This Week In DFA
TEMPE, Ariz. - Riding a three-match winning streak, Sun Devil Volleyball is back in Desert Financial Arena this Thursday and Saturday to host the Sparky Volleyball Invitational to wrap up non-conference play.
How to Follow
The tournament will be open to the public and tickets are available here. Fan safety protocol information is here. All of Arizona State's matches will be on the ASU Live Stream and there will be live scoring for the whole tournament. Follow along on social media, @SunDevilVB on Twitter and @sundevilvolleyball on Instagram, for more updates.
Thursday's matchup against Pacific is the Hispanic Heritage Game, and Saturday's contest against UNLV is our Green Game.
Sun Devil Outlook
Arizona State (6-3, 0-0 Pac-12)
- The Sun Devils have won three matches in a row and four of the last five. The team took first place at the Lumberjack Classic. They are 6-0 this season when winning the first set.
- Sophomore middle blocker Claire Jeter had a big weekend for ASU. She was named the MVP of the Lumberjack Classic for her efforts. She had a career-best 15 kills against Utah Valley, the most by a middle blocker at ASU since 2014. She also had a career-high seven blocks in the win over Northern Arizona. Her .391 hitting percentage is good for fourth in the conference.
- Junior Iman Isanovic not only leads the team in kills (138), but also the Pac-12. For total points, she is also leading the conference with 157.5. She's ranked No. 25 in the country for total kills and No. 28 for total points. The outside hitter has reached double figures in kills in every match so far this season and has done so for the last 10 matches, dating back to last season. She also had two double-doubles over the weekend.
- Another Sun Devil to reach triple figures for total kills is sophomore Marta Levinska with 100 kills. She was named to the Lumberjack Classic all-tournament team after earning two double-doubles in three matches.
- Junior libero Annika Larson was also named to the all-tournament team over the weekend. She is first on the team and is second in the Pac-12 in total digs with 131.
- The setting duties were split over the weekend, with ASU moving to a 6-2 rotation with Ella Snyder and Shannon Shields sharing time. Snyder is first on the team in assists with 264 while Shields upped her season total to 71.
Pacific (3-6, 0-0 WCC)
- The Tigers are coming off of a weekend where they went 1-2, picking up a win over CSUN. They return sophomore outside hitter Alexa Edwards, who leads the team in kills with 142. Another returner is senior libero Jadyn Tubbs who has a team-high 167 digs. Freshman Jenna Heller leads in assists with 224 in her first season.
- The last time ASU and Pacific met was in 2018 in the Sun Devil Classic. The Devils won in four after dropping the first set. Arizona State is 3-7 all-time against Pacific.
UNLV (7-2, 0-0 MWC)
- The Rebels are off to a strong start to the season, currently receiving votes in the AVCA Coaches Poll. This fall, UNLV has a win over then-No. 25 Washington State.
- In the Cornell Invitational last weekend, UNLV swept all three teams. The big weekend earned middle blocker Chloe Thomas her second Mountain West Freshman of the Week nod.
- Last season, the Rebels went 12-0 in conference play to take first and get the automatic bid to the NCAA tournament. They advanced to the second round after beating Illinois State in four sets.
- The last time ASU played UNLV was in 2019 at the Rebel Challenge in Las Vegas. The Sun Devils came away victorious, winning in five sets. ASU leads the all-time series 6-4 against UNLV.