Arizona Beach Volleyball Announces 2022 Signing Class
TUCSON, Ariz. -- Arizona Beach Volleyball and Head Coach Steve Walker proudly announce the 2022 recruiting class, composed of two incoming high school players. Arriving in Tucson to join the program will be defender Elin Kaiser and blocker Meghan O'Meara.
Head Coach Steve Walker..
"For me, along with several of my colleagues I am sure, recruiting during the shelter in place time in our country was very challenging. Thankfully, we landed two prospects that we would have happily recruited and committed during any time in history.
For several reasons, we really like the makeup of this incoming recruiting class. They have both come to campus to take part in our clinics ever since they stepped foot on any beach to play this sport and have really proven time and again they represent what our programs stands for. They are as accomplished, talented, driven, and focused a pair of athletes a coach could ever wish for, and it will be very exciting to see their individual games grow over time in our program. We really believe their willingness to learn and team-oriented personalities makes them terrific additions to what we have in place."
Elin Kaiser | 5-9; Defender; San Antonio, Texas (Blanco High School)
- Pair 2 National champion BVCA Division 1 club championship (2021)
- 1st AVP America 3 star Arizona Championship (2021)
- First team All-District (2020) and District Newcomer of the Year (2021)
- P1440 All-American Honorable Mention (2021)
- 2nd AVP America 3 star Texas championship (2021)
- Chose Arizona because, "I wanted to experience a new state, and loved the environment when I first came to visit. I also loved the championship culture, great coaches, and that it was a Pac-12 school. The size of Tucson and the beautiful landscape also made it a perfect fit for me."
Coach Walker says: "It really feels, as much as any other prospect in the past, as though Elin was meant to be a Wildcat. She was an early verbal commit in this class, and we're excited about her accomplishments in the sand; and what she brings to the table from a leadership perspective. It's well known that she has a reputation for being a tenacious defensive player, but we like that she's worked tirelessly to improve every part of her game. And to know we can rely on her to bring her workmanlike attitude to Bear Down Beach on a daily basis in the practice setting, is a good feeling.
Texas has really become a talent rich area for beach volleyball, she's competed against the best players in the country all through her time at the junior level and we look for Elin to emerge as a real team leader in her time at the UofA."
Meghan O'Omear | 6-1; Blocker; Gilbert High School (Basha High School)
- 1st place - AVP America - Mesquite Courts (Chandler 2021)
- 1st place - P1440 - Mesquite Courts - (Chandler 2021)
- 3rd place - P1440 - Victory Lanes Sports Complex - (Phoenix, 2021)
- 3rd place - AZ Club Invitational & Beachfest Club vs Club - Westworld - (Scottsdale, 2020)
- All-Conference First Team (2021)
- Chose Arizona because, "of the competitive volleyball team and the academic opportunities"
Coach Walker says: "In the state of Arizona, and even nationally Meghan is one of the most athletically gifted juniors level beach volleyball players this class has to offer. Coming out of a highly successful hard court volleyball program, we were thrilled she made the commitment to turn all of her efforts to the beach game at the next level. We really believe her game and what she'll look like as a finished product have unlimited room for growth. What has gotten us excited time and again about the possibility of committing Meghan, is her willingness to work extremely hard on her entire game every time she attended camps down here.
Meghan plays for two excellent, highly successful high school and club beach volleyball programs and has been thrusted into very competitive settings against premier competition both regionally and nationally. It's very clear to anyone that watches she has the potential to affect and take over the game at the net at a very high level, and we're simply delighted she's going to be with us."