Women's Basketball Hosts Saint Mary's Tuesday
The University of Utah women's basketball program hosts its third straight home contest on Tuesday when they host Saint Mary's (Calif.) at the Jon M. Huntsman Center. The game will tip-off at 7 p.m. MT.
Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are now available. Floor seats are priced at $100 while general admission tickets at $25. Call the Utah ticket office at 801-581-UTIX or visit www.UtahTickets.com.
• Senior point guard Dru Gylten was named to the Nancy Lieberman Award Watch List. She is one of 20 point guards named to the watch list. This is the third straight season Gylten has been named to the watch list.
• In the season-opener, Utah broke the school record for most threes in a single game. The Utes hit 19 three-pointers in the victory. The previous high was 16, which happened on Jan. 17, 2020, at Colorado.
• On Saturday, Utah scored 106 points, the third-most in program history. This was back-to-back games putting up 100 plus points and only the second time in program history that the Utes have accomplished this feat. The first time was during the 1978-79 season.
• Dru Gylten and Brynna Maxwell were named to the Preseason Pac-12 All-Conference honorable mention as voted on by the Pac-12 Media before the season.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 64 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 47-17 in those games.
HOME SWEET HUNTSMAN
The Utah Women's Basketball program has an 81-percent winning percentage when playing in Salt Lake City, holding an all-time record of 526-127. The Utes have nine seasons without a loss at the Jon M. Huntsman Center, also posting a 28-game home winning streak that lasted from Jan. 12, 1995, to Feb. 8, 1997.
Utah hosts Cincinnati on Friday, Nov. 19, in non-conference action. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. from the Jon M. Huntsman Center. The contest will be streamed on UtahUtes.com and on ESPN700.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 64 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 47-17 in those games. Utah had ten games last season with 8+ made from the three, including five with 10+ (10 at Oregon State, 12/8; 12 vs. Montana State, 12/11; 10 vs. Washington, 1/3; 10 at California, 2/5; 10 at Washington, 2/19).
• Utah set a single-game school record against Lipscomb when they hit 19 threes. The previous record was 16 made three-pointers against Colorado on Jan. 17, 2020.
• Utah scored 106 points on Saturday against Xavier. This is the third-most points scored in program history.
• Utah opened the season with back-to-back 100-point games. This is only the second time in program history that Utah scored 100 or more in back-to-back times. The first time this happened was during the 1978-79 season.
• Dru Gylten moved up to eighth on the all-time career assists list at Utah. She dished out seven assists in the win and now has 414 for her career. She is two assists away from tying for seventh place on the all-time list.
• Brynna Maxwell has scored double-digits in 36 of her 54 career games, including two times this season. She has scored 720 points over her three years at a Ute. Maxwell has hit five or more threes in each game this season for Utah.
HOW TO TUNE IN
The game against Saint Mary's will have a live video stream and live stats provided on UtahUtes.com. Fans can also tune into ESPN700 and listen to play-by-play announcer Tyson Ewing and analyst Amanda Smith calling the shots.
FOLLOW THE UTES!
Fans can follow along during the 2021-22 season on social media (Twitter: @UtahWBB | Instagram: @UtahWBB | Facebook: Facebook.com/UtahWBB).