Homestand Continues Against Southern Utah
BERKELEY – California will look to build off of its first win of the season when it hosts Southern Utah at 7 p.m. PT on Thursday in Haas Pavilion.
The contest will be televised on the Pac-12 Networks and is affiliated with the 2021 Rocket Mortgage Fort Myers Tip-Off, which will be played on Nov. 22-24 at Suncoast Credit Union Arena on the campus of Florida SouthWestern State College. Each of the tournament's four Beach Division teams (Cal, Florida, Ohio State, Seton Hall) are hosting one Palms Division team (Bowling Green, Milwaukee, Southern Utah, Yale) prior to arriving in Fort Myers next week.
The Golden Bears (1-2) used 10 three-pointers to defeat San Diego, 75-70, on Monday night at home for their first victory of the early season. Southern Utah (1-2) enters Thursday's game on a two-game skid with recent losses to Dixie State and Saint Mary's.
All fans 12 and older attending the game will be required to show proof of a full COVID-19 vaccination and a photo ID prior to entry.
- Date & Time: Thursday, Nov. 18 | 7 p.m. PT
- Watch: Pac-12 Networks | Kyle Draper (PxP) & Dan Belluomini (Analyst)
- Listen: KGO 810 AM | Rich Cellini (PxP) & Todd McKim (Analyst)
- Live Stats: CalBears.com
- Game Notes: Cal | Southern Utah
- Cal and Southern Utah have clashed once prior, exactly eight years ago on Nov. 18, 2013. The Bears won handily, 75-47, in Berkeley.
- The Bears shot 66.7 percent (10-15) from three-point range in Monday's win over San Diego. It was Cal's best single-game three-point field-goal percentage (min. 15 attempts) since the 1996-97 season.
- Grant Anticevich looked the part in the San Diego win, pouring in a game-high 17 points on 5-8 shooting (3-3 3PT). He also recorded a double-double (11 points, 10 rebounds) in Cal's loss at UNLV on Nov. 13 following an off performance of four points in the season opener.
- Cal's 10 three-pointers and 16 assists vs. USD were more than it totaled in its first two games combined (9 threes, 13 assists).
- Graduate transfer Jordan Shepherd tied his career-high of 27 points in his Cal debut on Nov. 9, going 9-20 from the field.
- Andre Kelly hauled in his 500th career rebound at UNLV on Nov. 13. He is the first Golden Bear to record all 500 rebounds in a Cal uniform since Ivan Rabb grabbed 615 boards from 2015-17.
- Cal has out-rebounded their opponents in eight of their past 11 games dating back to Feb. 11, 2021 of last season.
- After both missed the season opener, Makale Foreman and Jalen Celestine have made impacts in their returns to the rotation. Celestine contributed four points and four rebounds in 24 minutes played at UNLV while Foreman scored all eight of his points in the second half of the San Diego win, including a pair of three-pointers.
- Cal is 19-14 overall at Haas Pavilion under Mark Fox (2019-20 to present). The Bears have an all-time record of 266-108 (.711) at Haas.
Cal travels to the Sunshine State for the 2021 Rocket Mortgage Fort Myers Tip-Off, where it will face Florida on Monday, Nov. 22 and Ohio State or Seton Hall on Wednesday, Nov. 24. Both games will be televised on FS1 and will be played at Suncoast Credit Union Arena.
For complete coverage of Cal men's basketball, please follow the Bears on Twitter (@CalMBBall), Instagram (@CalMBBball) and Facebook (/CalMBBall/).