Cal Takes On No. 21 Seton Hall Wednesday
FORT MYERS, Fla. – California will look to bounce back from an opening loss at the 2021 Rocket Mortgage Fort Myers Tip-Off when it faces No. 21 (AP) Seton Hall in the third-place game Wednesday. Tip-off is slated for 3 p.m. PT at Suncoast Credit Union Arena on the campus of Florida SouthWestern State College. The contest will be nationally televised on FS1.
The Golden Bears (2-3) had their two-game win streak snapped with an 80-60 loss to No. 23 Florida on Monday night. The third-place game will be Cal and Seton Hall's third all-time meeting; the two teams most recently clashed at the 2016 Pearl Harbor Invitational in Honolulu.
- Date & Time: Wednesday, Nov. 24 | 3 p.m. PT/6 p.m. ET
- Watch: FS1 | Brandon Gaudin (PxP) & Bill Raftery (Analyst)
- Listen: KGO 810 AM | Rich Cellini (PxP) & Todd McKim (Analyst)
- Live Stats: StatBroadcast
- Game Notes: Cal
- No. 21 Seton Hall is Cal's second-consecutive ranked opponent at the Fort Myers Tip-Off. The Bears' most recent win over a top-25 opponent came on Feb. 27, 2020 when they bested No. 21 Colorado, 76-62, at home.
- Cal is 1-1 in its two all-time meetings against Seton Hall. The Bears won the first meeting 81-76 on Dec. 8, 1973 in Morgantown, W. Va. while Seton Hall edged Cal in the second meeting, 60-57, on Dec. 7, 2016 at the Pearl Harbor Invitational.
- Jordan Shepherd scored in double figures for the third time in five games with a team-high 15 points against Florida on Monday. The graduate transfer tied his career high of 27 points in his Cal debut vs. UC San Diego (Nov. 9) and is averaging 13.8 points per game.
- Andre Kelly set career highs in points (29) and rebounds (15) in Cal's double-OT win vs. Southern Utah (Nov. 18). He became the first Bear with a 25-15 game since Ryan Anderson had 33-17 vs. Washington on Feb. 2, 2008.
- Kelly leads Cal in points per game (15.2) and rebounds per game (9.6). He hauled in his 500th career rebound at UNLV (Nov. 13), becoming the first Bear to record all 500-plus rebounds in a Cal uniform since Ivan Rabb (615, 2015-17).
- Grant Anticevich (10.6 PPG) is the third Bear averaging double figures in points. In his three games with 10-plus points, Anticevich has tallied a double-double at UNLV (11 points, 10 rebounds), a game-high 17 points on 5-8 shooting vs. San Diego and 15 points vs. Southern Utah, which included a trio of critical shots at the end of regulation and in overtime.
- The Bears shot 66.7 percent (10-15) from three-point range in their win over San Diego (Nov. 15). It was Cal's best single-game three-point field-goal percentage (min. 15 attempts) since the 1996-97 season.
- Cal totaled 30 combined assists in its two wins last week after tallying 13 through its first two games of the season. Joel Brown (team-high 3.4 assists per game) dished out seven assists in each of the wins.
- Sam Alajiki impacted Cal's win vs. Southern Utah on both ends of the floor, totaling eight points, five rebounds, three blocks and two steals.
Cal is back in Haas Pavilion when it hosts Fresno State at 6 p.m. PT on Sunday, Nov. 28. The game will be televised on the Pac-12 Networks.
For complete coverage of Cal men's basketball, please follow the Bears on Twitter (@CalMBBall), Instagram (@CalMBBball) and Facebook (/CalMBBall/).