Bears Take On Big Green Sunday
BERKELEY – The California men's basketball team jumps back into competition after a week off for final exams and hosts Dartmouth at 1 p.m. PT on Sunday in Haas Pavilion. The game will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks.
Cal (6-5) has won six consecutive home games since Nov. 15, most recently besting Santa Clara 72-60 on Dec. 11. The Golden Bears are undefeated in six all-time meetings with Dartmouth (3-6), which is coming off an overtime loss at Stanford on Thursday. Cal and Dartmouth have not clashed on the hardwood since 2008, when the Bears won 98-62 in the first round of the Golden Bear Classic in Berkeley.
All fans 12 and older attending the game will be required to show proof of a full COVID-19 vaccination and a photo ID prior to entry.
- Date & Time: Sunday, Dec. 19 | 1 p.m. PT
- Watch: Pac-12 Networks | Roxy Bernstein (PxP) & Ben Braun (Analyst)
- Listen: KGO 810 AM | Rich Cellini (PxP) & Todd McKim (Analyst)
- Live Stats: StatBroadcast
- Cal's six-game home win streak is its longest since winning eight in a row from Feb. 28-Dec. 11, 2019.
- The Bears are 15-3 at home against non-conference opponents under head coach Mark Fox.
- Cal notched its second win against a top-100 team in the NET rankings when it defeated Santa Clara last Saturday. The other top-100 victory came against Fresno State, 65-57, on Nov. 28 in Berkeley.
- Cal limited Idaho State to 28% shooting (14-50) on Dec. 8, the lowest by an opponent since Arizona State shot 25.4% on Feb. 24, 2017. The Bears also held Idaho State to 46 points, the second time it has held an opponent to sub-50 points under Mark Fox.
- The Bears have out-rebounded their opponents in eight of 11 games this season and posted a +18 margin in two of the last four games against both Oregon State and Santa Clara. Cal has out-rebounded its opponents by 48 (169-121) in the month of December.
- Cal is 6-0 when dishing out 10-plus assists this season, including a season-high 16 vs. San Diego (Nov. 15) and 13 in both wins against Idaho State and Santa Clara last week. Jordan Shepherd dished out 13 combined assists in last week's wins while Joel Brown paces the team with 2.7 assists per game.
- Andre Kelly is 11th nationally in field goal percentage (64.8%) and also ranks among the best in the Pac-12 in rebounds per game (9.1, second) and points per game (15.2, fifth). Kelly has four double-doubles, including three such games with 20 points or more.
- Grant Anticevich (9), Kelly (8) and Shepherd (8) have each scored in double figures at least eight times this season. Cal is 5-0 when all three Bears score 10-plus points in the same game.
Cal wraps up non-conference play in its final game of the 2021 calendar year against Pacific at 3 p.m. PT on Wednesday, Dec. 22. The Pac-12 Networks will broadcast the game from inside of Haas Pavilion in Berkeley.
For further coverage of Cal men's basketball, follow the Bears on Twitter (@CalMBBall), Instagram (@CalMBBball) and Facebook (/CalMBBall/).