Pac-12 Wrestler of the Week - Jan. 4, 2022
WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Real Woods, R-Jr., STANFORD (141, Albuquerque, N.M.)
- Went 5-0 to repeat as the 141-pound champion at the Southern Scuffle on Sunday.
- Also the 2020 champion, he is the first two-time Southern Scuffle champion in program history.
- Picked up a pair of victories over ranked opponents, defeating No. 8 Andrew Alirez of Northern Colorado (5-4) in the semifinals and No. 15 Allan Hart of Missouri (4-0) in the final.
- Outscored his opponents 22-5 during the two-day tournament.
- Ranked No. 7 nationally, improved to 8-0 on the season and 33-4 in his Cardinal career.
ALSO NOMINATED: Bernie Truax, Cal Poly; Brandon Kaylor, Oregon State
InterMat Team Rankings (Tournament): No. 4 Arizona State; No. 16 Cal Poly; No. 21 Stanford
InterMat Team Rankings (Dual): No. 6 Arizona State; No. 23 Oregon State
NWCA Coaches Poll: No. 6 Arizona State; No. 25 Cal Poly; RV Oregon State; RV Stanford
InterMat Individual Rankings:
125 – No. 4 Brandon Courtney, ASU; No. 15 Brandon Kaylor, OSU; No. 30 Antonio Lorenzo, Cal Poly
133 – No. 4 Michael McGee, ASU; No. 16 Devan Turner, OSU; No. 17 Chance Rich, CSUB; No. 29 Jackson DiSario, STAN
141 – No. 7 Real Woods, STAN; No. 12 Grant Willits, OSU; No. 17 Jesse Vasquez, ASU; No. 22 Angelo Martinoni, CSUB; No. 27 Lawrence Saenz, Cal Poly
149 - No. 9 Kyle Parco, ASU; No. 13 Jaden Abas, STAN; No 18 Legend Lamer, Cal Poly; No. 29 Cory Crooks, OSU
157 – No. 3 Jacori Teemer, ASU; No. 17 Hunter Willits, OSU
165 – No. 2 Evan Wick, Cal Poly; No. 4 Shane Griffith, STAN; No. 6 Anthony Valencia, ASU
174 – No. 10 Adam Kemp, Cal Poly; No. 26 Aaron Olmos, OSU; No. 28 Tyler Eischens, STAN; No. 31 Triston Wills, Little Rock
184 – No. 6 Bernie Truax, Cal Poly; No. 16 Trey Munoz, OSU
197 – No. 9 Kordell Norfleet, ASU
HWT – No. 3 Cohlton Schultz, ASU; No. 10 Gary Traub, OSU
2021-22 PAC-12 WRESTLERS OF THE WEEK
|Nov. 9||Mateo Olmos, OSU|
|Nov. 16||Shane Griffith, STAN|
|Nov. 23||Michael McGee, ASU|
|Nov. 30||Cohlton Schultz, ASU|
|Dec. 7||Evan Wick, Cal Poly|
|Dec. 21||Devan Turner, OSU|
|Jan. 4||Real Woods, STAN|