Beavers To Battle No. 3 Bruins Saturday At Pauley Pavilion
THE GAME: In a rematch of last season's overtime thriller in the Pac-12 Tournament, Oregon State will take on No. 3 UCLA at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday at Pauley Pavilion.
TELEVISION: The game will be televised on Pac-12 Network with Ted Robinson and Bill Walton calling the action.
For information on how to watch the game online or on a mobile device, click on this link. If you live overseas and want to watch the game, it is available via YouTube at this link.
RADIO: The game will air live on Beaver Sports Radio Network with Mike Parker calling the action. It can also be heard online at this link.
LIVE STATS: There will be live stats at this link.
TICKETS: Fans can secure season tickets by visiting this link or calling 541-737-2050. Single-game tickets can be purchased at this link. A "Weekend at Benny's Plan" is also available for the nine games that are scheduled on Saturday and Sunday. Seats will be assigned "Best Available" for each game and can be purchased at this link.
QUICKLY: Oregon State has never defeated a Top 5 team in a true road game ... The Beavers are third in the Pac-12 in field goal percentage in conference games (.480) ... Jarod Lucas had career highs with 27 points, nine field goals and six 3-pointers at USC ... Lucas has scored 20-plus points four times this season; he scored 20-plus points three times in his first 74 career games ... Warith Alatishe is averaging 16.4 points and 7.4 rebounds in the five Pac-12 games; he averaged 10.2 points and 6.2 rebounds in the 10 non-conference games ... Roman Silva is averaging 9.0 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.3 blocked shots, while shooting 71.4% (15-for-21) from the field over the last four games ... Dexter Akanno has gone 4-for-4 from beyond the arc over the last three games; he went 4-for-20 from deep the first 12 games ... Dashawn Davis is second in the Pac-12 in assists (5.07), third in steals (1.43) and seventh in assist/turnover ratio (2.15) ... Ahmad Rand is sixth in the Pac-12 in blocked shots per game (1.29).
vs. UCLA: Oregon State and UCLA are meeting for the 140th time with the Bruins leading the series 99-40, including a 56-8 record in games played in Los Angeles. The Beavers' wins in at Pauley Pavilion came in 1924, 1958, 1981, 1984, 1986, 1988, 2003 and 2016.
The teams split last season, with UCLA winning 57-52 on Jan. 30 at Pauley Pavilion and the Beavers winning 83-79 in overtime at the Pac-12 Tournament in Las Vegas.
LAST SEASON: The 2020-21 season was highlighted by one of the greatest runs in program history:
- Won win nine straight road and neutral-site games that included the first Pac-12 Conference Tournament championship in program history.
- Won an NCAA Tournament game and advanced to the Elite Eight for the first time since 1982.
- Won three games in the NCAA Tournament, tying the 1963 Final Four team for the most tournament wins in program history.
- Ranked No. 20 in the final coaches poll; it's the first time the Beavers have been ranked in any poll since March 13, 1990.
- Defeated five Top 25 teams, the most in a season since the 1975-76 team also won five against ranked opponents.
- Beat a Top 25 team on the road for the first time since 1985 (at No. 21 Oregon).
- Defeated four Top 25 teams at a neutral site; the last time Oregon State beat a ranked opponent at a neutral site came in 1992 (vs. No. 25 BYU in Portland).
Click on the PDF for the full game notes.
Oregon State Athletics strives to Build Excellent Authentic Visionary Student-Athletes (Go BEAVS).