Wrestling Ready For Pac-12 Showdown Sunday In Tempe
OREGON STATE AT ARIZONA STATE | Jan. 30 | 1 p.m. PT
Live on Pac-12 Arizona, Pac-12.com and the Pac-12 Now App
125-#17 Brandon Kaylor
133-#13 Devan Turner
141-#14 Grant Willits
149-#28 Cory Crooks
157-#16 Hunter Willits
174-#28 Aaron "Mateo" Olmos
184-#13 Trey Munoz
HWT-#9 Gary Traub
• Oregon State concludes action in the month of January when visiting Arizona State Sunday at Desert Financial Arena in Tempe, Ariz. The dual is slated for a 1 p.m. PT start (2 p.m. in Arizona).
• The match will be televised live on Pac-12 Arizona, the Pac-12 Now app and Pac-12.com.
• Daron Sutton will call the match.
• Arizona State leads the all-time series, 23-19. The Sun Devils have won five consecutive duals, but the teams did not compete last season due to Covid-19 protocols.
Pendleton At ASU
• Head coach Chris Pendleton returns to Tempe for the first time since arriving in Corvallis prior to last season.
• Pendleton spent six seasons as an assistant coach at Arizona State, helping the Sun Devils to three Pac-12 titles.
• Pendleton also spent time as an assistant coach at Wyoming. He made his return to Laramie this past weekend when the Beavers defeated the Cowboys, 22-12.
Pac-12 Wrestler Of The Week
• Hunter Willits was named the Pac-12's Wrestler of the Week on Tuesday.
• Willits went 2-0 against Northern Colorado and Wyoming, defeating No. 11 Jacob Wright on Saturday.
• He is the third Beaver recognized this season, joining Mateo Olmos and Devan Turner.
Grant Willits Pushes To 18
• Grant Willits, at 141 pounds, is aiming to become the first Beaver to 20 victories this season. At 18-4, he is two ahead of Devan Turner.
• Willits would become the first Beaver to hit the 20-win plateau since Turner in 2019-20. He and his brother, Hunter Willits, led the Beavers with 11 apiece during the shortened 2021 season.
Turner To 80
• Speaking of Devan Turner, the redshirt senior won his 80th career bout in the Beavers' victory over Wyoming. He now stands in 44th place all-time in the Oregon State record books.
• Turner is one of 15 Beavers to compete exclusively this century who have reached the 80-win mark.