Beavers To Face Utes Thursday In Salt Lake City
THE GAME: Oregon State will face Utah at 6 p.m. PT on Thursday at the Huntsman Center in Salt Lake City.
TELEVISION: The game will be televised on ESPNU with Dave Feldman and Adrian Branch calling the action.
RADIO: The game will air live on Beaver Sports Radio Network with Mike Parker calling the action. It can also be heard online at this link.
LIVE STATS: There will be live stats at this link.
TICKETS: Fans can secure season tickets by visiting this link or calling 541-737-2050. Single-game tickets can be purchased at this link. A "Weekend at Benny's Plan" is also available for the nine games that are scheduled on Saturday and Sunday. Seats will be assigned "Best Available" for each game and can be purchased at this link.
QUICKLY: Oregon State has won two of the last three games against Utah in Salt Lake City; the Beavers were 1-13 in their first 14 road games against the Utes ... Dashawn Davis is first in the Pac-12 in assists at 5.18 per game; the last Oregon State player to lead the conference in assists was Gary Payton in 1989-90 (8.1 per game) ... Jarod Lucas has made 44 3-pointers this season; the rest of the team has combined to make 51 triples ... Roman Silva is averaging 10.3 points and 5.9 rebounds, while shooting 69.0% (29-for-42) from the field over the last seven games ... Silva is second in the Pac-12 in field goal percentage in conference games at 62.2% (28-for-45) ... Dexter Akanno has gone 9-for-17 from beyond the arc over the last six games ... Maurice Calloo scored nine points in the last game at Oregon, his most since scoring a career-high 20 at Tulsa on November 15 ... Warith Alatishe is 4-for-10 from beyond the arc this season; he went 1-for-14 from deep last season ... Xzavier Malone-Key (back injury) and Ahmad Rand (coach's decision) didn't play in the last game at Oregon.
vs. UTAH: Oregon State and Utah are meeting for the 38th time with the Utes holding a 19-18 advantage, including a 14-3 mark in Salt Lake City.
Oregon State has won five-straight games in the series and two of the last three meetings in Salt Lake City. The Beavers took the first game this season, 88-76, on Dec. 30 at Gill Coliseum in Corvallis. Jarod Lucas led Oregon State with a game-high 25 points. David Jenkins Jr. paced the Utes with 22 points.
LAST SEASON: The 2020-21 season was highlighted by one of the greatest runs in program history:
- Won win nine straight road and neutral-site games that included the first Pac-12 Conference Tournament championship in program history.
- Won an NCAA Tournament game and advanced to the Elite Eight for the first time since 1982.
- Won three games in the NCAA Tournament, tying the 1963 Final Four team for the most tournament wins in program history.
- Ranked No. 20 in the final coaches poll; it's the first time the Beavers have been ranked in any poll since March 13, 1990.
- Defeated five Top 25 teams, the most in a season since the 1975-76 team also won five against ranked opponents.
- Beat a Top 25 team on the road for the first time since 1985 (at No. 21 Oregon).
- Defeated four Top 25 teams at a neutral site; the last time Oregon State beat a ranked opponent at a neutral site came in 1992 (vs. No. 25 BYU in Portland).
Click on the PDF for the full game notes.
Oregon State Athletics strives to Build Excellent Authentic Visionary Student-Athletes (Go BEAVS).