Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Weekly Awards - Feb. 1, 2022
Gymnast of the Week: Maile O'Keefe, Jr., Utah (Las Vegas, Nev.)
- Scored her second career Perfect 10.0 on beam to highlight Utah's win over No. 19 Stanford and lead the Utes to the nation's highest beam score this season of 49.725.
- Earned a perfect score on beam for the first 10.0 of the season by a Pac-12 gymnast on any event, while the 10.0 is just the third in the nation to this point on beam.
- Also posted a season-high 9.90 on bars to finish in second place.
- Made her debut in the all-around by competing on vault for the first time where she finished third with a 9.825.
- Posted a 39.550 in the all-around, is ranked ninth in the nation with the score and is also tied for fourth in the nation on beam with a 9.931 average.
- Has hit 12-12 routines this season and 96-96 career routines.
Freshman/Newcomer of the Week: Jade Carey, Fr., Oregon State (Phoenix, Ariz.)
- In her third meet of her college career and first on the road, took the all-around title at No. 11 California Saturday with a 39.775.
- Claimed titles in all four events: vault (9.95), bars (9.95), beam (9.925) and floor (9.95).
- Anchored the Orange & Black in all four events and the Beavers posted their highest bar score since the 2019 season of 49.200.
- After winning five titles at Cal, now has 15 individual titles in her first season donning the Beaver leo.
- The Olympic gold medalist is second in the nation for the all-around, tied for first on bars, third on balance beam, and shares fifth on vault and seventh on floor.
- Second consecutive Pac-12 Freshman of the Week award.
Specialist of the Week: Cristal Isa, Sr., Utah (Henderson, Nev.)
- Won the bars title and contributed to the nation's highest team beam score in the country to help Utah to its 15th consecutive conference win.
- Matched a career-high 9.95 on bars to win her fourth event title of the year.
- Also contributed her fourth-straight score of 9.90 or better on beam after posting a 9.925 to push Utah to a 49.725, which is the best beam score in the country this season.
- Also debuted in the floor lineup against Stanford and posted a 9.875 in the second position.
- Is tied for fourth in the nation on beam and is averaging a 9.931 on the event.
- Has posted the second-most event victories on the team and has hit 9-9 routines this season, including the three against Stanford.
- Second Pac-12 weekly honor this season (Gymnast of the Week - Jan. 11).
Coaches Choice: Emi Watterson, R-Sr., California (Brisbane, Australia)
- On December 19, Emi's father passed away and she returned home to Australia to be with her family and attend the funeral.
- Due to Australia's COVID restrictions, she had to quarantine for 14 days on arrival and had minimal time to train while in Australia.
- She returned to the United States on January 21, but didn't practice until this past Monday.
- Despite limited practice time, Watterson tied for first place on the balance beam with a 9.925 score before being swarmed by the team after her routine for an emotional embrace.
2022 Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Weekly Awards