Women's Basketball Heads to LA to Face USC
The University of Utah women's basketball team faces the Trojans of Southern California on Friday night from the Galen Center. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. MT.
Date | Time: Friday, Feb. 18 | 8 p.m. (MT)
Utah (15-8, 6-5 Pac-12) at USC (10-13, 3-10 Pac-12)
Location: Los Angeles, Calif. | Galen Center
Live Stats: Click Here
Live Audio: Click Here
TV/Stream: Click Here
HOW TO TUNE IN
The game against the Trojans will be aired on ESPN700 with Tyson Ewing and Milee Enger calling the shots, or you can find the game on the Pac-12 Networks with J.B. Long and Dr. Julie Rousseau on the call. Live stats can be found at UtahUtes.com.
• Junior Brynna Maxwell is chasing 1,000 career points. She has scored 933 in her career as a Ute. She is 67 points away from becoming the 30th member of the 1,000-point club at Utah.
• For the fifth time this season, freshman Gianna Kneepkens was named the Pac-12 Freshman of the Week. Her five honors are the most by a single player this season. Utah has claimed this award 21 times since joining the Pac-12.
• Utah has made 225 three-pointers this season. They are closing in on the all-time school record for threes in a season. The most threes made in one season was 253, which was accomplished during the 2019-20 season. Utah is 13 threes away from tying for the third-most in school history.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 79 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 57-22 in those games. Utah averages 9.8 made three-pointers per game and has made 225 on the season. Both of those lead the Pac-12.
• In the latest Coaches' Top 25 Poll, the Utah Utes were one of 12 teams receiving votes. This is the second time this season the Utes have been receiving votes.
• On Monday, the conference announced that Freshman Gianna Kneepkens had been named the Pac-12 Freshman of the Week award. This is the fifth time she has claimed this honor this season. Her five honors are the most by a single player in the Pac-12 this season. The Utes have taken home seven freshmen of the week honors this season. This is the 21st time in program history the Utes have claimed this award. Over the three games, Kneepkens averaged 14.3 points and 5.3 rebounds per game. She shot 51.6 percent (16-of-31). She hit at least one three-pointer in every game and now has made a three in 13-straight contests.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 79 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 57-22 in those games. Utah has made 8+ threes in seven games this season, including five with 10+ (19 vs. Lipscomb, 11/10, 14 vs. Xavier, 11/13, 12 at Hawaii, 11/27, 16 vs. Eastern Illinois, 11/28, 12 vs. BYU, 12/4, 15 vs. Cal State Fullerton, 12/10, 12 vs. UC Riverside 1/14, 11 vs. #2/#3 Stanford 1/16, 14 vs. USC 2/9).
• This season, the Utes are trying to become the best three-point shooting team in school history. Utah has made 225 three-pointers this season and is 13 three-pointers shy of tying for the third-most in school history. The most three-pointers made in a season is 253, which was set during the 2019-20 season.
• Entering the weekend, junior Brynna Maxwell is chasing the 1,000-career point milestone. She is currently 67 points away from becoming the 30th member of the 1,000-point club at Utah. The last Utah player to join the 1,000-point club was Megan Huff during the 2018-19 season.
• In the win over Cal, Dru Gylten dished out her 500th career assist as a Ute. She is now the fifth player in program history with 500 or more assists on the season. She has 504 assists for her career and is 38 assists away from moving into fourth on the all-time list at Utah.
• In last Wednesday's against USC, the Utes scored 91 points, the most they have scored in a conference game in the Pac-12 era. This was also the most points scored in any conference game since 2010. Utah hit 14 threes in the game against the Trojans, and were led by Kennady McQueen's six triples.
• The Pac-12 has been the nation's top-rated conference by RPI in four of the last six seasons, with the Utes facing a Top 25 opponent almost every week. Under the direction of Lynne Roberts, the Utes have knocked off a Top 25 opponent each year, all coming during conference play.
• Utah opened the season with back-to-back 100-point games. This was the second time in program history that Utah scored 100 or more in back-to-back games. The first time this happened was during the 1978-79 season.
• Utah has played two overtime games this season and earned their first win in overtime on Sunday at Cal. Before Sunday's win, the last time the Utes had won in overtime play was March 1, 2012, with a 63-56 win over Oregon State.
• Brynna Maxwell continues to shine for the Utes. She is one of the best three-pointer shooters in the country. She leads the team in made threes this season with 50, the second-best mark in the Pac-12. Over her three years, Maxwell has made 176 threes, which is the eighth-most in program history.
Utah travels across LA to face UCLA on Sunday afternoon. The contest will start at 1 p.m. MT. You can turn on ESPN700 and hear Tyson Ewing and Milee Enger on the call. The game will also be streamed on the Pac-12 Networks.
FOLLOW THE UTES!
Fans can follow along during the 2021-22 season on social media (Twitter: @UtahWBB | Instagram: @UtahWBB | Facebook: Facebook.com/UtahWBB).