No. 11 USC Men’s Tennis Fights Back To Top No. 15 Ole Miss At ITA Indoors
SEATTLE — The No. 11 USC men's tennis team made a singles surge in the consolation draw of ITA National Indoor Championship action to beat No. 15 Ole Miss 4-1 today in Seattle. The Trojans dropped the doubles point but rebounded with singles wins from Peter Makk, Stefan Dostanic, Wojtek Marek and Ryan Colby. Three freshmen collected wins in that rally to help USC along to victory, improving the Trojans to 7-2 overall on the year.
Ole Miss issued two decisive doubles decisions to take the opening point, topping USC's Barretto/Colby on court three first and then following that with an upset of USC's #3 Dostanic/Frye on court one to pocket the opening point.
In singles, however, USC manufactured a potent turnaround, sparked by #46 freshman Peter Makk's smooth 6-1, 6-2 win on court four over Lukas Engelhardt. At the top spot, #4 Stefan Dostanic took down Mississippi's #18 Nikolas Slavic 6-4, 6-3 to tug the Trojans into the lead 2-1. Usc's freshest faces came through next, with newcomer Wojtek Marek keeping his clean slate intact with his eighth singles win in the books on a 6-4, 6-3 win over #111 Finn Reynolds on court two. Coming through with the clincher was another freshman, Ryan Colby, on a 7-5, 6-3 win over Jan Soren Hain to lock up a 4-1 win for the Trojans.
Next up, USC has another shot at Stanford in a consolation battle against the Cardinal st 12 p.m. tomorrow (Feb. 20) at Seattle Tennis Club.
ITA NATIONAL TEAM INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIP (Seattle, Wash.)
#11  USC 4, #15  Ole Miss 1
Feb. 19, 2022 | Seattle Tennis Club
(1) Engelhardt/Reynolds (MISS) def. #3 Dostanic/Frye (USC) - 6-2
(2) Makk/Marek (USC) vs. Junk/Soren Hain (MISS) - 4-2 susp.
(3) Hallquist Lithen/Slavic (MISS) def. Barretto/Colby (USC) - 6-1
Order of finish: 3, 1
Ole Miss wins doubles point.
(1) #4 Stefan Dostanic (USC) def. #18 Nikola Slavic (MISS) - 6-3, 6-2
(2) Wojtek Marek (USC) def. #111 Finn Reynolds (MISS) - 6-4, 6-3
(3) Bradley Frye (USC) vs. John Hallquist Lithen (MISS) - 6-2, 3-2 susp.
(4) #46 Peter Makk (USC) def. Lukas Engelhardt (MISS) - 6-1, 6-2
(5) #59 Lodewijk Weststrate (USC) vs. Simon Junk (MISS) - 2-6, 6-2, 2-3 susp.
(6) Ryan Colby (USC) def. Jan Soren Hain (MISS) - 7-5, 6-3*
Order of finish: 4, 1, 2, 6*