Women's Basketball Host Oregon on Senior Day
On Saturday afternoon, the University of Utah women's basketball team faces the Ducks of the University of Oregon at the Jon M. Huntsman Center. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. MT.
Date | Time: Saturday, Feb. 26 | 1 p.m. (MT)
Utah (17-9, 8-6 Pac-12) vs. Oregon (18-10, 10-6 Pac-12)
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Jon M. Huntsman Center
Live Stats: Click Here
Live Audio: Click Here
TV/Stream: Click Here
HOW TO TUNE IN
The game against the Ducks will be aired on ESPN700 with Tyson Ewing and Milee Enger calling the shots, or you can find the game on the Pac-12 Networks with Krista Blunk and Amanda Smith on the call. Live stats can be found at UtahUtes.com.
Saturday is Senior Day inside the Jon. M Huntsman Center. Following the game, the Utes will honor three senior members, Dru Gylten, Andrea Torres, and Maka Jackson.
• Junior Brynna Maxwell is chasing 1,000 career points. She has scored 970 in her career as a Ute. She is 30 points away from becoming the 30th member of the 1,000-point club at Utah.
• This weekend is senior weekend for the Utes. Utah will honor its three seniors on Saturday when they face Oregon. Utah's three seniors are Dru Gylten, Andrea Torres, and Maka Jackson. Gylten and Torres have been a Ute for four seasons, while Jackson joined the squad as a graduate transfer.
• Utah is eleven three-pointers away from setting a school record for made three-pointers in a single season. Utah has made 251 threes this season, the second-most in program history. The most threes made in one season was 253, which was accomplished during the 2019-20 season. Utah is two threes away from tying for the most in school history.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 82 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 59-23 in those games. Utah averages 9.7 made three-pointers per game and has made 251 on the season. Both of those lead the Pac-12.
• In the latest Coaches' Top 25 Poll, the Utah Utes were one of 14 teams receiving votes. This is the third time this season the Utes have been receiving votes.
• This weekend is senior weekend for the Utes. Utah will honor its three seniors on Saturday when they face Oregon. Utah's three seniors are Dru Gylten, Andrea Torres, and Maka Jackson.
• The Pac-12 Tournament starts on Wednesday, March 2nd, from Michelob Ultra Arena. The tournament will run from March 2-6, and tickets are available now at UtahTickets.com
• Utah is looking to make its first NCAA Women's Basketball National Championship since 2011.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 82 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 59-23 in those games. Utah has made 8+ threes in seven games this season, including five with 10+ (19 vs. Lipscomb, 11/10, 14 vs. Xavier, 11/13, 12 at Hawaii, 11/27, 16 vs. Eastern Illinois, 11/28, 12 vs. BYU, 12/4, 15 vs. Cal State Fullerton, 12/10, 12 vs. UC Riverside 1/14, 11 vs. #2/#3 Stanford 1/16, 14 vs. USC 2/9, 10 at UCLA 2/20).
• This season, the Utes are trying to become the best three-point shooting team in school history. Utah has made 251 three-pointers this season and is two three-pointers shy of tying for the most in school history. The most three-pointers made in a season is 253, which was set during the 2019-20 season.
• Junior Brynna Maxwell is chasing the 1,000-career point milestone. She is currently 30 points away from becoming the 30th member of the 1,000-point club at Utah. The last Utah player to join the 1,000-point club was Megan Huff during the 2018-19 season.
• With a win on Saturday, the Utes will tie for the most conference wins since joining the Pac-12.
• Freshman Gianna Kneepkens continues to be a bright spot for the Utes. The freshman from Duluth, Minn., has earned five Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honors this season. This is tied for the most in the Pac-12. Kneepkens is one of the top freshmen in the Pac-12 this season, and she is looking to become the second Ute to earn Pac-12 Freshman of the Year honors. Over the last five games, Kneepkens has been leading the team in points per game (14.0) and rebounds per game (5.6). She is shooting 40.4 percent over this span.
• The Pac-12 has been the nation's top-rated conference by RPI in four of the last six seasons, with the Utes facing a Top 25 opponent almost every week. Under the direction of Lynne Roberts, the Utes have knocked off a Top 25 opponent each year, all coming during conference play. The Utes will have a chance to add to that number on Saturday against No. 25 Oregon.
• Utah opened the season with back-to-back 100-point games. This was the second time in program history that Utah scored 100 or more in back-to-back games. The first time this happened was during the 1978-79 season.
• Brynna Maxwell continues to shine for the Utes. She is one of the best three-pointer shooters in the country. She leads the team in made threes this season with 57, the second-best mark in the Pac-12. Over her three years, Maxwell has made 183 threes, which is the eighth-most in program history.
Utah heads to the Pac-12 Tournament in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Utes are still waiting on the opponent and the time of the contest. All Pac-12 Tournament games can be seen on the Pac-12 Networks.
FOLLOW THE UTES!
Fans can follow along during the 2021-22 season on social media (Twitter: @UtahWBB | Instagram: @UtahWBB | Facebook: Facebook.com/UtahWBB).