Two Win Weekend
STANFORD, Calif. - The Cardinal claimed another victory one day after defeating No. 5 Texas at the Taube Family Tennis Stadium. Stanford won all seven matches on the day against the Rebels.
Stanford earned the double point to start the match thanks to victories from Valencia Xu and Alexandra Yepifanova and Angelica Blake and Connie Ma by a score of 6-2 and 6-4 respectively. The Cardinal didn't look back after taking the first point of the match.
Each of the six singles players won in straight sets, with Yepifanova finishing first on court two, winning her two sets 6-4 and 6-2. On court three, Blake brought home the third point for Stanford in the match in dominant fashion, winning 6-1, 6-2.
Ma battled in a more competitive bout, but still earned the third singles win for Stanford with set scores of 6-4 and 6-3. Sara Choy, Valencia Xu, and India Houghton wrapped up the day with wins of their own on courts four, five, and six.
The Cardinal is back in action on March 4 against Oregon at home to open Pac-12 play.
Stanford 7, UNLV 0
1. #21 Angelica Blake/Connie Ma (STAN) vs. Molly Helgesson/Zita Kovacs (UNLV) 5-4 DNF
2. Valencia Xu/Alexandra Yepifanova (STAN) d. Izumi Asano/Cindy Hu (UNLV) 6-2
3. Sara Choy/Niluka Madurawe (STAN) d. Aura Fang/Coco Zhao (UNLV) 6-4
Order of Finish: 2, 3
1. #18 Connie Ma (STAN) d. Molly Helgesson (UNLV) 6-1, 6-4
2. #17 Alexandra Yepifanova (STAN) d. Zita Kovacs (UNLV) 6-4, 6-2
3. Angelica Blake (STAN) d. Izumi Asano (UNLV) 6-1, 6-2
4. India Houghton (STAN) d. Cindy Hu (UNLV) 6-1, 6-3
5. #65 Valencia Xu (STAN) d. Salsa Aher (UNLV) 6-2, 6-3
6. Sara Choy (STAN) d. Coco Zhao (UNLV) 6-4, 6-3
Order of Finish: 2, 3, 1, 6, 5, 4