No. 15 Devils Take Win Streak On Final Road Trip Of Season
TEMPE, Ariz. — After knocking off previously undefeated Cal last weekend for a third-straight win, No. 15 Sun Devil Gymnastics will travel to No. 20 Stanford on Friday, March 4, at 7:30 p.m. MST, for the final regular season road trip.
How to Follow
The matchup can be viewed on Stanford Live Stream-2 at 7:30 p.m. MST. Live scoring will also be available, as well as updates on Twitter (@SunDevilGym).
Sun Devil Outlook
No. 15 Arizona State (4-3, 4-2 Pac-12)
- Last weekend, Arizona State defeated then undefeated-No. 9 Cal while eclipsing a 197 for the second-straight meet.
- Junior Hannah Scharf was named Pac-12 Gymnast of the Week after winning the all-around with a career-high 39.575 against Cal. Scharf recorded a new career high 9.950 on beam and is the second-consecutive Sun Devil Gymnast to win Pac-12 Gymnast of the week honors. Scharf is also ranked No. 8 in all-around, according to the latest NQS rankings. She has scored at least two 9.900s in each of the last three meets.
- Sophomore Jada Mahangas tied her career high on vault with a 9.875, leading Arizona State to a new season high of 49.350 in the event. Mangahas has not scored below a 9.825 in any event in the last two meets.
- Another sophomore in Emily White has also been a steady presence for the team. She has not scored below a 9.825 in the last four meets. She has been in the all-around in the last two home wins.
Stanford (4-9-1, 2-5 Pac-12)
- Most recently, the Cardinal lost to Oregon State on the road, 195.050 to 197.225. Despite the loss, Stanford put up scores of 49.000 or better during their first three rotations.
- Prior to this week's meet, Stanford is coming off competing in three meets in the span of seven days against BYU, Sacramento State and Oregon State.
- In 2021, Arizona State's match against Stanford was canceled. The two teams last faced off in 2020 where the Sun Devils got a road win. The Gym Devils have a three-meet win streak over the Cardinal.