Wrestling Set For Sunday's Pac-12 Championships
Oregon State at 2022 Pac-12 Championships
March 6 | Tempe, Ariz. | Opening rounds: 10 a.m. PT | Championship rounds: 6 p.m.
Oregon State Lineup
125 - Brandon Kaylor | #2 Seed
133 - Devan Turner | #2 Seed
141 - Grant Willits | #1 Seed
149 - Cory Crooks | #4 Seed
157 - Hunter Willits | #2 Seed
165 - Matthew Olguin | #4 Seed
174 - Mateo Olmos | #2 Seed
184 - Trey Munoz | #2 Seed
197 - Ryan Reyes | #3 Seed
HWT - Gary Traub | #2 Seed
• Oregon State takes part in the 2021-22 Pac-12 Championships, hosted by Arizona State at Desert Financial Arena.
• The event begins at 10 a.m. PT Sunday, with the championship bouts set for 6 p.m. PT that night. The early portion of the meet will be live streamed via the host Arizona State. The championship rounds will be televised by the Pac-12 Networks.
Pac-12 Championship History
• Oregon State won five consecutive titles from 2012-16.
• The Beavers have won 23 conference crowns dating back to the 1963 season.
• Current team members Devan Turner and Grant Willits have both won two Pac-12 titles during their tenure at OSU. Turner won in 2020 and 2021. Willits, meanwhile, won in 2019 and 2021.
• Brandon Kaylor, Hunter Willits, Matthew Olguin and Ryan Reyes also wrestled for the Beavers at the 2021 championships and are slated to appear on Sunday.
Willits Makes Four
• Grant Willits won the final Pac-12 Wrestler of the Week honor on Feb. 22, just two days after pinning No. 4 Real Woods of Stanford. The win marked the 22nd of the season for Willits, who leads the team.
• The Beavers tied Arizona State with four selections for wrestler of the week this season. OSU had a total of four wrestlers recognized during the season, with Mateo Olmos (Nov. 9), Devan Turner (Dec. 21) and Hunter Willits (Jan. 25 also being selected.
• Both Turner and Grant Willits have been recognized twice in their careers.
Crooks, Traub, Munoz Lend To The Lineup
• OSU has three transfers who have bolstered its lineup this season. All three have conference title experience as well.
• Cory Crooks placed third (149) at the 2021 Pac-12 Championships, while Trey Munoz took second at 174 pounds. Both Crooks and Munoz competed for Arizona State last season. They each qualified for NCAA berths last season, winning one bout apiece in St. Louis, Mo.
• Munoz is 16-3 this season with five pins while Crooks is 12-8; he also has two pins.
• Traub finished sixth at the 2020 Big Ten Championships, earning a berth into that year's postseason that was canceled due to Covid-19. Traub, in 2021-22, has won 18 consecutive bouts after starting the year at 1-4.