Arizona Remains Undefeated in Pac-12 Play
Tucson, Ariz. - The Wildcats made history once again after defeating No. 14 Stanford 4-2 for the second time ever. This is the fourth victory over a top 20 team this season.
The Wildcats dominated in doubles play against Stanford. Jonas Ziverts and Herman Hoeyeraal defeated Axel Geller and Arthur Fery 6-2 first on court one. Then Carlos Hassey and Gustaf Strom finished 6-3 against Max Basing and Alexander Rotsaert to secure the doubles point.
No. 49 Strom took the first singles point of the match after he defeated Geller in straight sets 6-3, 6-1. No. 71 Ziverts defeated another top ten player, No. 2 Fery. Ziverts beat Fery in two set tiebreaks 7-6(8-6), 7-6(7-4). And it was Hassey who clinched the match with his singles win over Timothy Sah.
The men will host No. 42 California on Sunday, April 3 at noon for their fourth Pac-12 conference match of the regular season. Next Friday, April 8 at 2 p.m. the men host their senior day against No. 28 Utah.
#18 University of Arizona 4, #14 Stanford 2
1. Jonas Ziverts (ARIZ) def. Arthur Fery (STAN) 7-6 (8-6), 7-6 (7-4)
2. Gustaf Strom (ARIZ) def. Axel Geller (STAN) 6-3, 6-1
3. Max Basing (STAN) def. Colton Smith (ARIZ) 6-4, 6-4
4. Herman Hoeyeraal (ARIZ) vs. Alexander Rotsaert (STAN) 2-6, 7-6 (8-6), 5-4, unfinished
5. Sangeet Sridhar (STAN) def. Nick Lagaev (ARIZ) 2-6, 6-3, 6-4
6. Carlos Hassey (ARIZ) def. Timothy Sah (STAN) 3-6, 6-2, 6-4
Order of finish: 2, 3, 1, 5, 6
1. Jonas Ziverts/Herman Hoeyeraal (ARIZ) def. Axel Geller/Arthur Fery (STAN) 6-2
2. Jared Horwood/Colton Smith (ARIZ) vs. Tomas Kopczynski/Timothy Sah (STAN) 4-5, unfinished
3. Gustaf Strom/Carlos Hassey (ARIZ) def. Max Basing/Alexander Rotsaert (STAN) 6-3
Order of finish: 1, 3