Senior Day Sweep
STANFORD, Calif. – On an afternoon where No. 14 Stanford celebrated its senior class of Axel Geller, Tomas Kopczynski, Alexandre Rotsaert, Timothy Sah, Sangeet Sridhar and Dean Stratakos, the Cardinal swept Oregon, 4-0. The win gives Stanford a 15-4 mark this season (5-2 Pac-12) and a perfect 10-0 record at Taube Family Tennis Center.
The Cardinal outlasted the Ducks in doubles, with the senior duo of Rotsaert and Sridhar winning a dramatic tiebreaker for the early advantage, 7-6 (5). Another senior pair, Geller and Kopczynski, started the doubles set with a 6-2 win in the first position.
Stanford kept the momentum in doubles, winning five first sets and three straight-set matches to finish off the sweep. Aryan Chaudhary gave the Cardinal a 2-0 edge on court five with a 6-1, 6-1 result, while Sangeet Sridhar was close behind on the adjacent court, 6-2, 6-3. Max Basing provided the final blow in the second slot, 6-4, 6-4, for his co-team leading fourth clinching point of the season.
Stanford returns to action on Thursday, April 14 for its final non-conference outing when it hosts Cal Poly. The first serve is set for 2 p.m.
No. 14 Stanford 4, No. 52 Oregon 0
1) Geller/Tomas Kopczynski (STAN) d. No. 32 Charlton/Q. Vandecasteele (ORE), 6-2
2) Rotsaert/Sridhar (STAN) d. Keremedchiev/Klov-Nilsson (ORE), 7-6 (5)
3) L. Vandecasteele/Youssef Kadiri (ORE) d. Basing/Timothy Sah (STAN), 6-3
Order of Finish: 1, 3, 2
1) No. 90 Joshua Charlton (ORE) led No. 110 Axel Geller (STAN), 6-3, 5-6 uf
2) No. 34 Max Basing (STAN) d. Quinn Vandecasteele (ORE), 6-4, 6-4
3) No. 92 Alexandre Rotsaert (STAN) led Ivailo Keremedchiev (ORE), 6-3, 2-5 uf
4) Sangeet Sridhar (STAN) d. Jesper Klov-Nilsson (ORE), 6-2, 6-3
5) Aryan Chaudhary (STAN) d. Luke Vandecasteele (ORE), 6-1, 6-1
6) Timothy Sah (STAN) led Ryoma Matsushita (ORE), 6-4, 5-1 uf
Order of Finish: 5, 4, 2