Baseball Opens 8-Game Homestand With 3 Vs. LBSU
Oregon State (24-7) vs. Long Beach State (15-16)
April 14, 2022 • 5:35 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
RHP Jake Pfennigs (1-0, 0.00) vs. RHP Marques Johnson (0-0, 3.97)
Oregon State and Long Beach State open a three-game non-conference series Thursday night at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. First pitch is slated for 5:35 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the Varsity Network, which is available for users with smartphones and tablets. Download the free Varsity Network application for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will not be broadcast.
A live stream will be available and produced by Oregon State. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for the direct link.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Oregon State scored four runs in the eighth inning to push the Beavers to a 7-3 win over USC Sunday in Los Angeles. That gave OSU its first-ever series sweep of USC on its home turf. Garret Forrester and Travis Bazzana both finished with two hits, with the latter driving in a run in the first inning. AJ Lattery did not figure in the decision but was sharp in his fifth start of the season, scattering four hits and a run in five innings.
Versus Long Beach State
• Oregon State and Long Beach State are meeting for just the 14th time on Thursday, and in the first matchup since 2011.
• LBSU holds a 9-4 series advantage and 2-1 mark in games played in Corvallis. The 2010 series at Goss is the only time LBSU has played in Corvallis.
Oregon State Notes
• Oregon State did not issue a walk during the series sweep of USC. The Beavers are the only team in the country to go three straight without issuing a walk this season.
• OSU has a team ERA of 2.32 ERA in 66 innings during the month of April. The staff has struck out 74 to just 12 walks issued during the month.
• The Beavers' April team WHIP is 0.94.
• The Beavers are second in the Pac-12 allowing just 4.3 runs per game, trailing only UCLA (3.5). OSU ranks first in the conference and 10th nationally with a plus-4.4 scoring margin.
• OSU is 14-2 in non-conference games this season.
• Garret Forrester enters with the team's longest hit streak at six games, where he is 12-for-23 with six RBI. He has five consecutive multiple-hit efforts during the streak.
• Jacob Melton recorded three RBI in the series sweep of USC, extending his Pac-12 lead to 44. Travis Bazzana ranks third with 34.
• OSU boasts three of the top seven walk leaders in the Pac-12: No. 1 Garret Forrester (35), No. 2 Justin Boyd (29) and No. 4 (tied) Wade Meckler (26).
• As a team, the Beavers have drawn the most walks in the league at 182. OSU ranks ninth nationally.
• OSU, with 44 stolen bases, is second in the Pac-12 to UCLA's 50. The 44 are the team's most since swiping 51 in 2018.
• Oregon State has gone errorless in four consecutive games and six of the last seven.
• OSU now hosts eight straight at home.