Baseball Gameday: Vs. Gonzaga (4/18/22)
Oregon State (27-7) vs. Gonzaga (23-9)
April 18, 2022 • 5:35 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
RHP Jaren Hunter (1-0, 3.33) vs. RHP Nate Weeldreyer (0-0, 3.38)
Oregon State opens a two-game midweek series Monday night when hosting Gonzaga at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. First pitch is slated for 5:35 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the Varsity Network, which is available for users with smartphones and tablets. Download the free Varsity Network application for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will air live on the Pac-12 Networks with Ben Creighton and Bill Rowe calling the action.
Subscribers to the Pac-12 Network can find the game online at Pac-12.com or by using the Pac-12 Now app on smartphones and tablets.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Wade Meckler scored five runs and Justin Boyd drove in five runs to send Oregon State to a 14-3 win over Long Beach State Saturday at Goss Stadium. Meckler, Boyd and Jake Dukart all homered for the Beavers, who improved to 8-1 on Saturdays this season, including a 4-0 mark at home. Jacob Kmatz posted five innings in a start, scattering four hits and three runs for his sixth win of the season.
• Oregon State and Gonzaga are squaring off for the third time this season on Monday. OSU was a winner in the previous two games, both played in February in Surprise, Ariz. The Beavers won those games by 13-5 and 9-5 scores.
• Oregon State scored those 22 runs on the strength of 22 hits - including six for extra bases - and 15 walks to just 13 strikeouts.
• The Beavers are 71-36 all-time in the series including a 27-13 mark in games played in Corvallis.
Oregon State Notes
• OSU is 27-7 for the fifth time in program history, joining the 2005, 2007, 2011 and 2014 Beavers. That's the program's fourth-best mark after 34 games all-time, trailing 2017 (31-3), 2013 (28-6) and 2018 (28-6).
• Wade Meckler became the first Beaver with five runs scored in a game since Brian Barden in 2000 against Washington. Six runs are the OSU single-game record, set by Ken Bowen in 1985 versus Chico State.
• Justin Boyd's five RBI Saturday gave him eight multiple-RBI efforts this season. That trails only Jacob Melton (11) and Travis Bazzana (10) as the most by a Beaver this season.
• Boyd's two hits also gave him 15 multi-hit games, shy of only Bazzana's 18.
• Garret Forrester has seven multi-hit efforts over the Beavers' last eight games.
• Oregon State has issued just 80 walks this season, second-fewest nationally. That trails Tennessee's 74.
• The Beavers are 11-0 this season when scoring 10 or more runs.
• OSU is at 295 runs over 34 games this season. The 2021 Beavers surpassed the 295-run mark in the 49th game of the season.
• The Beavers are 19-3 when scoring first this season.
• OSU is 10-5 at home in 2022.