Six Ducks Named to All-Pac-12 Teams
EUGENE, Ore. – Six Oregon softball players earned all-league recognition from the Pac-12 on Wednesday.
On the all-Conference team, catcher Terra McGowan was a first team selection for the first time in her career. She was a second team pick in 2021.
Infielder Allee Bunker was named to the all-Pac-12 second team after being a first team selection in 2021.
Outfielder Hanna Delgado and pitcher Stevie Hansen were both named to the all-Pac-12 third team. It is the second straight third-team honor for Delgado.
Oregon, which leads the league in fielding percentage (.976), placed a league-best three players on the Pac-12 all-defensive team. Bunker was named to the team for the second year in a row, while McGowan earned her first all-defensive team nod.
They were joined on the all-defensive team by shortstop Paige Sinicki.
The Ducks also had three players make the all-freshman squad. Hansen and Sinicki were joined by utility player Allison Benning.
Oregon wrapped up the regular season at 31-17 overall and 10-14 in the Pac-12. Oregon is currently No. 17 in the latest NCAA RPI and has played the second-most difficult schedule in the nation in 2022.
The selection show for the 2022 NCAA Tournament will be Sunday at 4 p.m. (ESPN2).
Allison Benning, Fr. DP/P
- Batting. 300 overall with a .500 slugging percentage in 30 at-bats
- In Pac-12 games, is hitting .375 with a .750 slugging percentage
- Is 3-for-9 with a home run and four RBI as a pinch hitter and is hitting .400 with runners in scoring position
- Three doubles in Pac-12 play is one back of the team lead
Allee Bunker, Sr., 2B
Second Team All-Pac-12; All-Defensive Team
- Hitting .353 on the season with 10 home runs and team-best 39 RBI
- Batting .333 with runners in scoring position
- Is the toughest player to strikeout in the Pac-12 (once every 27.8 at-bats)
- Is the only player in the nation who has hit 10-plus home runs, while striking out six times or fewer each of the last two seasons
- Had an 18-game hitting streak earlier this season (longest by a Duck since 2015)
- Has started 119 consecutive games, including 111 straight at second base
- Has a .967 fielding percentage and leads the team with 65 assists
Hanna Delgado, So., OF
- Second on the team with a .372 batting average
- Team-best .471 on-base percentage and 17 multi-hit games
- Also leads the team with 14 stolen bases (third in the Pac-12)
- Had a 14-game hitting streak earlier this season
- Has started every game in the outfield this season, including 45 in center field
- No errors in 60 chances in the field
Stevie Hansen, Fr., P
Third Team All-Pac-12; All-Freshman Team
- 13-8 on the season with 120 strikeouts and a 3.10 ERA
- 13 wins ranks eighth overall in the Pac-12
- Has eight wins against Pac-12 competition, which is tied for second in the league
- Ranks fifth in the conference with 120 strikeouts
- Was named Pac-12 Freshman of the Week on March 8 after shutting out Stanford 3-0 in the regular season finale
Terra McGowan, Jr., C
First Team All-Pac-12; All-Defensive Team
- Leads the team with a .400 average
- Is fourth in the Pac-12 in batting in conference games with a .393 average
- Hitting .529 with runners in scoring position
- Has committed just one error on the season for a .993 fielding percentage
- Has thrown out six runners trying to steal a base
Paige Sinicki, Fr., SS
All-Freshman Team; All-Defensive Team
- Hitting .270 with 25 RBI
- Leads team with three triples
- Batting .448 on the season with runners in scoring position
- One of the best fielding shortstops in the league with a .968 fielding percentage and only three errors on the season
- Twice has made ESPN's Top 10 Plays for her defensive efforts
- www.GoDucks.com -