Beavers Head To Scottsdale For Inaugural Pac-12 Tournament
Oregon State (41-13) vs. Washington (30-24)
May 25, 2022 • 4:45 p.m. PT • Scottsdale, Ariz. • Scottsdale Stadium
RHP Jaren Hunter (2-1, 3.43) vs. RHP Jared Engman (4-5, 3.95)
Oregon State takes on Washington in its first game at the Pac-12 Tournament. First pitch Wednesday at Scottsdale Stadium in Arizona is slated for 4:45 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the Varsity Network, which is available for users with smartphones and tablets. Download the free Varsity Network application for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will be broadcast live on the Pac-12 Network with Roxy Bernstein and Kevin Stocker on the call.
Subscribers to the Pac-12 Network can find the game online at pac-12.com or via the Pac-12 Now app on smartphones and tablets.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Garret Forrester and Jacob Melton each homered and Jake Pfennigs worked a season-long 6 1/3 innings as Oregon State downed UCLA, 9-3, in the regular season finale on Saturday. Melton hit a two-run home run in the third to give OSU a 4-1 lead. Forrester gave the Beavers their final three runs of the day with a blast in the sixth. Pfennigs scattered five hits and three runs with five strikeouts for his third win of the season.
• Thanks to a three-game sweep of the Huskies in April, the Beavers have won 10 straight over Washington. That's two games shy of the Beavers' longest streak in the series, set from 1967-71.
• Oregon State has won 14 of the last 15 matchups dating back to the 2017 season.
• OSU outscored UW, 19-4, in the three-game series. The Beavers' staff struck out 41 in 28 innings, while scattering 10 hits and eight walks for a 0.64 WHIP.
• The teams last played a neutral-site game in 2018, with OSU winning 14-5 in Omaha.
Oregon State Notes
• Oregon State is playing its 11th game in the state of Arizona this season. The Beavers are 8-2 in the previous 10.
• OSU finished Pac-12 play with the league's lowest ERA (3.47), fewest hits (221), runs (110) and walks (78) allowed, in addition to the most strikeouts (299). Offensively. the Beavers drew the most walks (175), swiped the most bases (32) and posted the highest on-base percentage (.390).
• The Beavers have the nation's No. 1 fielding percentage at .988, ahead of No. 2 Texas (.986). The Pac-12's No. 2 fielding percentage is Oregon at .978.
• Jacob Melton is fourth in OSU's single-season history with 71 RBI this season. He trails Adley Rutschman (83 in 2019), Trevor Larnach (77 in 2018) and Michael Conforto (76 in 2012).
• Melton also has 146 total bases this season, which ranks fourth.
• The Beavers have scored 60 runs in the first this season, holding opponents to just 22.
• OSU has allowed just nine runs in the fourth.
• The Beavers are 28-7 when scoring first this season, including a 7-0 mark in neutral-site games.