Baseball Gameday: Vs. UCLA (5/28/22)
Oregon State (43-13) vs. UCLA (37-21)
May 28, 2022 • 12:30 p.m. PT • Scottsdale, Ariz. • Scottsdale Stadium
RHP Jake Pfennigs (3-0, 1.63) vs. RHP James Hepp (1-1, 9.00)
Oregon State takes on UCLA in the Beavers' third game at the Pac-12 Tournament. First pitch at Scottsdale Stadium is slated for approximately 12:30 p.m. PT (officially 45 minutes after the first game of the day).
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the Varsity Network, which is available for users with smartphones and tablets. Download the free Varsity Network application for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will be broadcast live on the Pac-12 Network with Roxy Bernstein and Kevin Stocker on the call.
Subscribers to the Pac-12 Network can find the game online at pac-12.com or via the Pac-12 Now app on smartphones and tablets.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Cooper Hjerpe and Reid Sebby combined to limit California to six hits and a run with 10 strikeouts to pace the Beavers to a 3-1 win over the Golden Bears on Thursday night. Greg Fuchs, Wade Meckler and Garret Forrester all drove in a run to pace the Beavers offensively. Hjerpe struck out five in five innings for his 10th win. Sebby earned his third save of the year with four scoreless, striking out five.
Win, Advance To Title Game
• A win for the Beavers Saturday would advance Oregon State to the first-ever Pac-12 Tournament title game on Sunday at 7 p.m. PT. OSU can still advance with a loss, but would need to play a second game Saturday to do so.
Oregon State Notes
• Garret Forrester is on a five-game hit streak and has nine hits during it. He has four two-hit games during the streak.
• Forrester was 6-for-12 in the three-game regular-season series versus UCLA. He totaled a double, home run and three RBI.
• The Beavers are 30-7 when scoring first this season, including a 9-0 mark in neutral-site games.
• Wade Meckler has 82 hits this season. He is two shy of tying Darwin Barney (2007) for the 10th-most by a Beaver. Jacob Melton, meanwhile, has 80 hits on the year.
• The Beavers have 23 hits over their first two games in Scottsdale, eight of which have gone for extra bases.
• OSU is 12-0 in neutral-site games.
• The Beavers are also 10-2 in the state of Arizona this season.
• The Beavers are 23-3 in non-conference games. Oregon State has the nation's No. 11 non-conference strength of schedule per warrennolan.com.
• OSU's strength of schedule overall is 13th and the Beavers' opponents have a .582 winning percentage (1,693-1,216),
• The Beavers' pitching staff has struck out 144 in 124 innings in May, issuing 44 walks.
• The Beavers and Bruins are meeting in a neutral-site game for the first time since the 1985 season.
• OSU and UCLA have never played more than three times in the same season.
• Oregon State is 12-2 on Saturdays in 2022.
• The Beavers are 10-4 in May.