Pac-12 Title Game Gameday: Vs. Stanford (5/29/22)
Oregon State (44-13) vs. Stanford (40-14)
May 29, 2022 • 7:05 p.m. PT • Scottsdale, Ariz. • Scottsdale Stadium
TBA vs. TBA
Oregon State takes on Stanford in the inaugural Pac-12 Tournament Championship Game Sunday night at Scottsdale Stadium. First pitch is slated for 7 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the Varsity Network, which is available for users with smartphones and tablets. Download the free Varsity Network application for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will be broadcast live on ESPN2 with Roxy Bernstein and Todd Walker on the call.
Subscribers to the ESPN family of networks can find the game online at espn.com or via the ESPN on smartphones and tablets.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Jacob Melton drove in the game-winning run on a single in the ninth to send Oregon State to an 8-7 come-from-behind win over UCLA Saturday night. The Beavers scored twice in the ninth to overcome a one-run Bruin lead. Melton posted three hits to pace OSU, which finished with 14 hits as a team. Garret Forrester and Greg Fuchs drove in two apiece. Ben Ferrer earned his fourth win of the season with 2 2/3 scoreless innings, striking out three. Jacob Kmatz started and scattered seven hits and three runs in 5 2/3 innings. The win came about after Oregon State dropped a 25-22 decision to UCLA in the first game of the day.
Oregon State Notes
• Justin Boyd posted an Oregon State single-game record six hits in the first game Saturday. The Beavers also broke their single-game record with 28 hits, snapping a record set in 1954 with 27 versus Washington.
• Garret Forrester finished with a career-best six RBI in Saturday's game. He has 13 RBI in his four games in Scottsdale.
• Forrester is 14-for-31 over his last seven games. He homered twice Saturday and has four over the hit streak, while driving in 16. He has also walked six times during the streak.
• The Beavers are batting .404 with a .584 slugging percentage at the Pac-12 Tournament. Twenty of Oregon State's hits have gone for extras bases.
• Boyd is 10-for-16 in Scottsdale. He carries a five-game hit streak into Sunday's game, and is 15-for-24 with three doubles, a home run, five RBI and 10 runs scored during it.
• Forrester has walked 55 times this season, tying him with Michael Conforto (2014) for the second-most in a season at OSU. Adley Rutschman's 76 in 2019 remain the standard.
• Melton's game-winner also pushed his RBI tally to 75 this season. He's one shy of Conforto (2012) for third in OSU's single-season record book.
• Five Beavers have 20 or more multiple-hit efforts this season. Boyd leads with 26, while Melton and Wade Meckler are both at 24. Travis Bazzana has 23 with Forrester posting his 20th of the year in yesterday's second game.
• Meckler also scored his 72nd run of the season Saturday. That ties him with Trevor Larnach (2018) for the second-most by a Beaver. Cole Gillespie's (2006) 83 is OSU's most.
• Oregon State is 24-4 in non-conference games.