Baseball Gameday: Vs. Vanderbilt (6/6/22)
Oregon State (46-16) vs. Vanderbilt (39-22)
June 6, 2022 • 1:00 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
TBA vs. TBA
Note: Campus parking rules are in effect during Monday's game. OSU Transportation Services issued parking permits are required for campus parking lots between 7am and 5pm Monday through Friday. Permits are digital and can be purchased through OSU Transportation services - aims.parking.oregonstate.edu - or at permit stations in the parking garage across the street from Goss Stadium.
Oregon State and Vanderbilt play in the Corvallis Regional Final Monday afternoon at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. First pitch is slated for 1 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the Varsity Network, which is available for users with smartphones and tablets. Download the free Varsity Network application for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will be broadcast live on the SEC Network with John Schriffen and Kevin Stocker on the call.
Subscribers to the ESPN family of networks can find the game online at espn.com or via the ESPN on smartphones and tablets.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Wade Meckler and Garret Forrester each collected two hits but Oregon State dropped an 8-1 decision to Vanderbilt Sunday night at Goss Stadium. Justin Boyd also doubled for the Beavers, who recorded eight hits as a team. Vanderbilt got out to a 3-0 lead after two and had a seven-run advantage after a three-run sixth inning. OSU scored its lone run when Justin Boyd came home after a throwing error on a Wade Meckler steal.
Oregon State Notes
• Oregon State will be the home team Monday.
• Wade Meckler picked up a pair of hits, giving him 90 on the year. That ties him with Nick Madrigal (2017) for the fourth-most in a single season at Oregon State.
• Garret Forrester also had two hits, giving him 74.
• Forrester drew one walk, giving him 58 in 2022. That's 18 shy of Adley Rutschman's school-record 76 in 2019.
• Forrester is 15-for-35 in his last eight games, totaling one double, 14 home runs and 18 RBI. His 18 RBI over that stretch give him 57 on the year.
• Justin Boyd also walked once, giving him 52 on the year. That's one shy of fourth, held by Adley Rutschman with 53 in 2018.
• Boyd doubled in the seventh to extend his hit streak to nine games. He is 21-for-42 with seven walks and seven RBI during the streak.
• Boyd now leads the Pac-12 with a .369 batting average.
• Oregon State heads into Monday's game 27-11 all-time in elimination games in the NCAA Super Regional era. The Beavers are 3-1 under Mitch Canham.
• Oregon State is 12-3 this season when following a loss. The Beavers have had just one losing streak of two or more games, dropping four straight from May 14-20.
• The Beavers are 23-9 in day games this season, including a 9-4 mark at home.
• Meckler's two hits Sunday gave him 26 multiple-hit efforts on the year, tying him with Justin Boyd for the team lead. Jacob Melton (25) and Travis Bazzana (23) give the Beavers four players with 20 or more multi-hit efforts this season.
• Oregon State has 591 strikeouts as a team this season and is vying for its second-ever 600-strikeout season. The Beavers set the OSU single-season record with 611 last season.
• OSU leads the Pac-12 with those 591 strikeouts. The Beavers have also given up the conference's fewest walks at 172.