Walsh named freshman All-America
EUGENE –Oregon first baseman Jacob Walsh has been named to the Collegiate Baseball 2022 Freshmen All-America Team, the magazine announced today.
Walsh (Las Vegas, Nev./Desert Oasis HS) claimed the honor after leading the Ducks in doubles with 18, while batting .295 with six home runs, 38 RBI, 35 runs scored and five stolen bases. He reached base at a .414 clip and slugged .436. Walsh is the 10th Oregon player in the modern era of Oregon baseball to earn Collegiate Baseball Freshman All-America recognition.
Named to the team as a first baseman, Walsh started 55 of Oregon's 61 games with 52 of the starts coming at first. He was the only Oregon freshman in the opening day lineup, and started the first 43 games of the season. Walsh set two Oregon freshman batting records (doubles/total bases) and tied a third (home runs).
Walsh 2022 Accomplishments
- Collegiate Baseball Freshman All-America
- Set Oregon freshman doubles record (18)
- Set Oregon freshman total bases record (103)
- Tied Oregon freshman home runs record (6)
- Tied for fifth on the all-time Oregon single-season doubles list
- Tied for 10th in the Pac-12 Conference in doubles
All-Time Collegiate Baseball Freshman All-Americans
Jake Reed, SP
Garrett Cleavinger, RP
Cole Irvin, SP
Mitchell Tolman, 3B
A.J. Balta, 1B
Matt Krook, SP
Gabe Matthews, 1B
Spencer Steer, 3B
Kenyon Yovan, RP (Player of the Year)
Jacob Walsh, 1B